For just $3.99/month, Electrical Surge Coverage provides:
- Up to $1,000 of annual coverage*
- Local, licensed and insured electricians on standby
- No deductible
- Multiple service calls up to benefit limit
Covered repairs are guaranteed for 90 days against defects in materials and workmanship, for total peace of mind! To get started, simply sign into My Account and then enroll in Electrical Surge Coverage.
What is Covered?
This electrical surge repair plan provides up to $1,000 annual coverage if your valuable electrical products fail as a result of an electrical surge.
Covered appliances include:
- Repair or replacement of residential electrical products that fail due to an electrical surge
- Window air conditioning units
- DVD players and game consoles
Enrollment in Electrical Surge Coverage is optional.
CenterPoint Energy natural gas customers in Texas who own a residential home, are solely responsible for its repairs, and are not aware of any current electric surge problems. See full
Terms and Conditions for complete details on eligibility requirements and limitations.
- Damages, losses and expenses, whether from negligence or otherwise, that do not result in an Electrical Surge caused by: (a) You or any person or entity other than Us or HomeServe or (b) unusual circumstances, meaning a natural disaster, act of God (such as fires, explosions, earthquakes, drought, tidal waves and floods), war, riots, hostilities, strikes or work slowdowns or acts or threats of terrorism;
- Excluded Damages (see “Our Liability” below) which include, for example, damages necessary to reasonably access the repair area. Your rights and remedies may vary depending on the state where Your Residence is located;
- Any correction or upgrade of Your existing Electrical Products, not directly related to the necessary repair, in order to meet any code, law, regulation or ordinance;
- Internal electrical systems, electrical plumbing equipment including sump pumps, medical or life support equipment, electric vehicles of any kind, heating systems and cooling systems, and battery-operated items/devices that cannot be plugged in;
- Electrical Products with a replacement value of less than $100;
- Any additional expenses incurred in repairing, replacing, and/or removing Electrical Products that are affixed within Your Residence; or any cost associated with making space suitable for installation when a replacement Electrical Product does not fit in the existing space within Your Residence;
- Loss or corruption of data and restoration of software and operating systems;
- Electrical Products that cannot be replaced with like kind and quality (e.g. antiques);
- Any repair, replacement or reimbursement not expressly stated to be covered in "Coverage" section below.
We will arrange and pay for the repair, replacement, and if necessary, removal of residential Electrical Products, for which You have sole responsibility, that fail due to an Electrical Surge within Your Residence, up to the benefit limit. An Electrical Surge means an occurrence of a sudden and non-continuous increase or burst of electricity or electrical current, caused by natural or man-made events including lightning strikes and power returns after an outage which can result in failure of Electrical Products. Following an Electrical Surge, You must call HomeServe to arrange for service in order for repairs to be covered.
Making a Service Call
You will be enrolled in the Plan on the day your form is processed, and there will be a 30-day waiting period from your enrollment date before you can make a service call. This provides you with 11 months of protection during the first year only. This prevents service calls on pre-existing conditions and helps keep the Plan affordable. You must call HomeServe within 30 days of an electrical surge event to start a claim. See full
Terms and Conditions for complete details on eligibility requirements and limitations
Cancel any time by calling HomeServe at 1-844-917-0108. If you cancel within 30 days of your start date, you will get a full refund (less claims paid, where applicable). Cancellations after the first 30 days will be effective at the end of the then-current billing month, and you will get a pro-rata refund (less claims paid), where applicable.
The plan is annual. Unless you cancel, your plan automatically renews annually at the then-current renewal price and is billed monthly through your utility bill. HomeServe is an independent company, separate from CenterPoint Energy.