Save Energy and Money With a High-Efficiency Water Heater
After home heating, hot water is the second largest user of energy in your home – accounting for 15 percent of your total energy use. Save now with a rebate and for years to come with lower energy bills.
Whether you are replacing an existing water heater or installing a new one, a CenterPoint Energy rebate makes that purchase easier.
Replacement of natural gas water heater or new construction.
|Tank water heater
|.70 UEF or greater*||$50|
|Tank (75,000 BTU/hr or |
efficiency or greater
$200 per 100,00 Btuh;
up to 25% of equipment cost
|Tankless water heater||.80 UEF or greater||$250|
Replacement of electric water heater with natural gas water heater**
|Tank water heater
(40 gallons or more)
|.70 UEF or greater* ||$900|
|Tankless water heater ||.80 UEF or greater ||$900 |
How the Program Works
- Purchase and install qualifying new natural gas water heater in your home between Jan. 1 - Dec. 31 at a location with natural gas service from CenterPoint Energy in Oklahoma. Account number must be activated for installation address in order for rebate to be processed.
- Complete the rebate form with your contractor or installer.
Water Heater Rebate Form (PDF)
- Have your dealer or installer sign the rebate application form.
- Attach a copy of your dated sales invoice that shows the detail of the water heater purchased. Make sure the invoice includes the date, brand, model number, serial number and applicable efficiency rating.
- Mail us the completed application including required signatures, along with dated sales invoice. Submit all requested paperwork by Dec. 31 in the calendar year of installation.
Water Heater Rebate
PO Box 59038
Minneapolis, MN 55459-0038
Some utility rebates are taxable under Internal Revenue Service rules. Customers are responsible for all applicable taxes.
CenterPoint Energy reserves the right to limit any rebate and conduct on-site inspection of installed equipment. All decisions by CenterPoint Energy regarding energy savings, cost savings, rebate amounts and approvals are final. CenterPoint Energy cannot guarantee energy savings and does not warranty rebated equipment.
Allow eight weeks for rebate processing.
Rebate program funds are budgeted on an annual basis. Rebate amounts and availability are subject to approval by the Oklahoma Corporation Commission.