Save energy and money with a high efficiency water heater rebate from CenterPoint Energy. Lower your monthly energy costs while improving the comfort of your family with a dependable, energy-efficient water heating solution.
After home heating, hot water is the second largest user of energy in your home – accounting for 15 percent of your total energy use. Save now with a rebate and for years to come with lower energy bills.
Whether you are replacing an existing water heater or installing a new one, a CenterPoint Energy rebate makes that purchase easier.
Replacement of natural gas water heater or new construction.
|Tankless water heater||.80 UEF or greater||$500|
|Tank (75,000 BTU/hr or
efficiency or greater
$200 per 100,00 Btuh; up to 25% of equipment cost
Replacement of electric water heater with natural gas water heater*
|Tankless water heater ||.80 UEF or greater ||$900 |
How the program works
- Please review the Terms and Conditions below.
- Work with your dealer, plumber or retailer to buy and install a qualifying high-efficiency natural gas water heater for your home or business between Jan. 1 - Dec. 31.
- Complete a rebate application and provide the required invoice/receipt.
Receive your rebate faster when your plumber submits the rebate application through our
dealer-only processing system. (Application must contain electronic copy of the dated invoice with required information in the Terms & Conditions below.)
Complete the application below. Complete the interactive fields then print your completed form. Please review all program guidelines and requirements on the back of the rebate application.
Water Heater Rebate Form (PDF)
Include a copy of your dated sales receipt/invoice (listing the qualifying water heater purchased) with your rebate form. Note: A recall or generic receipt will not be accepted.
Mail the completed application, including required signature and dated sales receipt/invoice, within the calendar year of installation to:
Water Heater Rebate
1400 Centerview Drive, Suite 100
Little Rock, AR 72211-4350
- Allow 12 weeks for rebate processing from the time that CenterPoint Energy receives the complete rebate application.
Terms & Conditions
This rebate offer is only available to residential homes and businesses served with natural gas from CenterPoint Energy in Oklahoma. The completed Online Rebate Form must be submitted no later than December 31 in the year equipment was installed.
Equipment installed under warranty replacement does not qualify for the rebate.
Builders should negotiate with homeowners to determine who receives the rebate.
Only dealers/installers who rebate customers at Point of Sale will be eligible to receive rebate payments directly from CenterPoint Energy.
Dated invoice must include
- Purchaser name
- Installation address
- Brand of water heater
- Complete model number
- Serial number of water heater
- Dealer company name and address
- Rebates will be processed in the order that they were received and are paid on a first-come, first-served basis.
- CenterPoint Energy is not responsible if the dealer does not provide accurate information about the amount of a rebate or equipment eligibility.
- It is the responsibility of the dealer and the purchaser to ensure that the program requirements are met. If program requirements are not met, no rebate will be paid.
- Rebate qualifications and amounts are subject to change.
- CenterPoint Energy Conservation Improvement Program (CIP) rebate programs may be cancelled or changed at any time.
- CenterPoint Energy issues a cash rebate not utility bill credits.
CenterPoint Energy reserves the right to limit any rebate and conduct on-site inspection of installed equipment. All decisions by CenterPoint Energy regarding energy savings, cost savings, rebate amounts and approvals are final. CenterPoint Energy cannot guarantee energy savings and does not rebate equipment under warranty.
Rebate program funds are budgeted on an annual basis. Rebate amounts and availability are subject to approval by the Oklahoma Corporation Commission.
Some utility rebates are taxable under Internal Revenue Service rules. Customers are responsible for all applicable taxes.