Save Energy and Money With a High Efficiency Natural Gas Water Heater
After home heating, hot water is the second largest user of energy in your home – accounting for 15 percent of your total energy use. Save now with a rebate and for years to come with lower energy bills.
|Tankless||.80 UEF and greater||$250|
|Tank ≤ 55 gallons||.64 UEF and greater, Medium Draw (≤ 75,000 Btu)*|
|Tank ≤ 55 gallons||.68 UEF and greater, High Draw (≤ 75,000 Btu)*|
|Tank > 55 gallons||.80 UEF and greater, High Draw (≤ 75,000 Btu)*|
How the Program Works
- Work with the dealer, plumber or retailer of your choice to determine the best high-efficiency natural gas water heater for your home that qualifies for a rebate. Buy and install the water heater in your home between Jan. 1 - Dec. 31.
- Complete an application. Simply type your information in the interactive fields and then print your completed form. Please review all program guidelines and requirements on back of rebate application.
Water Heating Rebate Form (PDF)
- Have your dealer or installer sign the rebate application form.
- Attach a copy of your dated sales invoice that shows the detail of the water heater purchased.
- Mail us the completed application including required signatures, along with dated sales invoice. Submit all requested paperwork by Dec. 31 in the calendar year of installation.
Water Heater Rebate Program
PO Box 59038
Minneapolis, MN 55459-0038
We'll mail your rebate check within eight weeks of receiving your completed rebate application.
Please note: This rebate offer is only available for residential customers who receive natural gas service from CenterPoint Energy. Rebates are paid on a first-come, first-served basis.