Each natural gas heating system is eligible to receive a tune-up rebate every other year.
The heating system needs to be used as a primary heating source for the home.
This rebate offer is only available to residential homes served with natural gas from CenterPoint Energy in Oklahoma. The completed Online Rebate Form must be submitted no later than December 31 in the year equipment was serviced.
Dealer participation required. If the dealer or technician does not complete the application then the customer is not eligible for this rebate.
Only dealers/installers who rebate customers at Point of Sale will be eligible to receive rebate payments directly from CenterPoint Energy. If you are unsure if your dealer/installer rebates at Point of Sale, please ask them.
New construction homes are not eligible for this rebate offer.
Required Service Items
- Perform carbon monoxide test and adjust gas and/or air if CO is too high.
- Check flame characteristics, and adjust gas and/or air, if needed.
- Check flue gas path from burner to vent for cleanliness and cracks. Clean and report as necessary.
- Check the pilot/igniter for proper operation. Also check the flame sensor/pilot light shut down controls for proper operation.
- Check the condition of the furnace air filter. Recommend the correct replacement part, if necessary.
- Check condition of fan motor(s). Lubricate bearings as needed.
- Check the operational controls and adjust, if necessary.
Dated invoice must include
- Purchaser name
- Installation address
- Dealer company name and address
- Limit one rebate per eligible heating system every other year.
- CenterPoint Energy is not responsible if the dealer does not provide accurate information about the amount of a rebate or equipment eligibility.
- Rebates will be processed in the order that they were received and are paid on a first-come, first serve basis.
- It is the responsibility of the dealer and the purchaser to ensure that the program requirements are met. If program requirements are not met, no rebate will be paid.
- Rebate qualifications and amounts are subject to change.
- CenterPoint Energy Conservation Improvement Program (CIP) rebate programs may be cancelled or changed at any time.
- CenterPoint Energy issues a cash rebate not utility bill credits.
CenterPoint Energy reserves the right to limit any rebate and conduct on-site inspection of installed equipment. All decisions by CenterPoint Energy regarding energy savings, cost savings, rebate amounts and approvals are final. CenterPoint Energy cannot guarantee energy savings and does not warrant rebated equipment.
Rebate program funds are budgeted on an annual basis. Rebate amounts and availability are subject to approval by the Oklahoma Corporation Commission.
Some utility rebates are taxable under Internal Revenue Service rules. Customers are responsible for all applicable taxes.