CenterPoint Energy actively manages a comprehensive Public Awareness program. The goal of the Public Awareness program is to raise awareness of the affected members of the general public and key stakeholders of the presence of natural gas pipelines in their communities, and increase their understanding of the role of natural gas pipelines in transporting energy.
CenterPoint Energy dedicates a great deal of time and resources to communicating and keeping in contact with both the public and emergency responders located near our transmission and distribution pipelines.
CenterPoint Energy's Public Awareness Program communicates the following:
- Pipeline purpose and reliability
- Awareness of hazards and prevention measures undertaken
- Leak recognition and response
- Damage prevention and One-Call requirements
- Pipeline location information and availability of NPMS
- Emergency preparedness communications
- How to get additional information