My Account is your multi-tasking wizard
Your home's important natural gas information can be managed easily through
My Account. This one-stop "shop" lets you:
- Pay, view, print and download your bill
- Schedule payments and set up your payment preferences, including
- Add authorized users
- Manage alerts
- Set up billing preferences, including
Average Monthly Billing, paperless billing and payment alerts
- View your energy usage
- And more!
Free yourself from paper bills
When you trade in your paper natural gas bill for a monthly e-bill, you gain convenience and more security. Plus, you can:
- Set up text or email payment alerts for everyone responsible for bill paying
- Get the same information you received on a paper bill without the unnecessary paper clutter
- Pay when you want: when you get your e-bill, schedule a payment or for the ultimate in convenience,
set up AutoPay
Get all the
paperless bill details.
Take a few tips from us to save energy and money
Saving energy and money in your home does not have to be hard. Take some time now, before heating season begins, to improve the energy-efficiency in your home with a few low- or no-cost steps.
- Lower the thermostat by 10° F at night or when you are away for at least eight hours and you can potentially save 10 percent on your space heating costs.
- Reduce your water heater temperature to no higher than 120° F. This setting not only improves your energy efficiency, but it’s also comfortable and can help prevent scalding. Water heating accounts for about 18 percent of an average home’s energy use. Lowering water heater temperature to the recommended setting can help you save energy and money.
- Run your ceiling fan in reverse mode on a low-setting in the winter as this helps move warm air that rises down and spreads it more evenly throughout a room.
- Prevent air leaks when you spend a few minutes to check and repair all cracked, separated or missing exterior caulking and weatherstripping, especially around windows and entry doors. Be sure to also check roof and soffit vents for possible air-flow obstructions.
- Buy foam gaskets and install them behind your electrical outlets to help seal air leaks.
- Lock your windows. Tightening this seal helps keep your home air-tight and helps prevent warm air from leaking outside.
- Clean or change your furnace filter regularly. A dirty furnace filter slows down air flow and makes your system work harder than it needs to, which costs more money and wastes energy.
Hit “Play” for quick safety information
Take a few minutes to watch some important safety videos.
Think you smell a natural gas leak? Here’s what to do
Immediately leave the area on foot in an upwind direction away from the leak or vapor cloud. Maintain a safe distance and warn others to stay away from the leak!
Seek help from local authorities. Call 911 immediately.
Notify CenterPoint Energy right away. Call 800-752-8036 and give your name, location and description of the leak. Save this number on your cell phone to have it handy.
- Use a cell phone near the suspected area
- Create any sparks or heat sources that could ignite escaping gas
- Start a car, turn switches on or off, or light a match or cigarette
- Attempt to operate any pipeline valves
- Drive into or near a leak or vapor cloud
- Go into a leak or vapor cloud to turn off equipment
Learn more about
what to do if you smell gas
Plant a tree today. Grow benefits that last a lifetime.
CenterPoint Energy, in partnership with the Arbor Day Foundation’s Energy-Saving Trees program, is offering 1,500 FREE trees to customers beginning September 29, 2019. By planting the right tree in the right place, you can reduce energy consumption by up to 20 percent each year. But, the benefits don’t stop there. Trees improve air and water quality, help relieve stress and make yards more enjoyable.
- Trees help clean our water by reducing stormwater runoff and keeping chemicals, oil and pollutants out of water supplies.
- Studies have shown that children and youth living in greener neighborhoods are calmer and healthier.
- Trees absorb carbon dioxide and filter airborne pollution, reducing the conditions that cause asthma.
arborday.org/centerpoint to reserve your trees today.
We are united to make an impact on our communities
Eydie Pengelly (on the right), marketing communications manager in Houston, is serving on the Women’s Initiative Steering Committee and the Corporate Champions Team. The Women's Initiative is made up of nearly 1,000 women donors who support United Way of Greater Houston’s mission to help students succeed in school, help families gain financial stability, lift up neighbors young and old, and build a better community. The Women's Initiative is just one of the nine donor groups that United Way has created to provide community education and involvement opportunities.
“I give to the United Way because I know my dollars go directly to help people get access to food, shelter and basic necessities,” said Pengelly. “Through the Women’s Initiative, I have an opportunity to attend events and learn about the many ways United Way helps address challenges facing our community.”
Grill Like a Boss: Keep the entries coming. Contest ends Oct. 25!
By now, both your favorite college and NFL football teams have kicked off their 2019 seasons, and your tailgating season has officially begun! Your team may not have a winning record, but you always bring the winning food to the tailgate party. We want to help you keep your record and grill like a boss by giving you a chance to win a set of grilling utensils. Enter to win at
These people won. You can too!
So far, we’ve helped six people Grill Like a Boss:
How can you Grill like a boss?
- Wendy, a Razorbacks fan from Arkansas
- Chris, a Mississippi State University Bulldogs fan from Mississippi
- Kristi, a Texans fan from Houston
- Brian, a Colts fan from Indiana
- Daniel, a Vikings fan from Minnesota
- Janetta, a Cowboys fan from Texas
You can find grilling tips and recipes from other entrants on our site. Check out our
Customer Grill Tips and Recipes. Think you have a winning recipe or grill tip? Don’t forget to enter for a chance to win at
3-Peat Win for CenterPoint Energy in the J.D. Power Customer Satisfaction Study
It’s all thanks to you! J.D. Power has ranked CenterPoint Energy #1 in Customer Satisfaction with Residential Natural Gas Service in the South among Large Utilities, 3 Years in a Row. CenterPoint Energy achieved the highest score in the following study factors: price; and communications.
CenterPoint Energy strives to provide every customer with a variety of programs built to help make your life more comfortable, productive and enjoyable. You, our valued customers, are the reason we are being recognized with this award. We are humbled to continue to serve you and deliver energy, service and value every day.
The 2019 Gas Utility Residential Customer Satisfaction Study is based on responses from 57,879 online interviews conducted from September 2018 through July 2019 among residential customers of the 84 largest natural gas utility brands across the United States, which represent more than 62 million households.
For J.D. Power 2019 award information, visit