Balance Winter Bills with Average Monthly Billing
If you’re seeing higher winter energy bills as the temperatures dip lower,
Average Monthly Billing can help you manage winter payment peaks. This free energy budget tool helps balance out your payments throughout the year, and you still only pay for the amount of natural gas you use.
short video to learn more about how you can get off the roller coaster of higher winter billing peaks. Enroll in Average Monthly Billing in
Don’t Fall for the Latest Utility Scam
Criminals posing as utility company representatives continue to try to steal our customers’ money or personal information through phone calls, emails, text messages or in-person visits. Watch this video to learn more about
Here are tips to protect yourself:
- DO NOT communicate or interact with suspicious phone calls, emails or text messages. Scammers can manipulate caller ID. You should hang up and call the phone number on your bill to make sure you’re talking to us.
- Never let anyone into your home to check electrical wiring, natural gas pipes, water pipes or appliances unless you have scheduled an appointment or have reported a problem.
- Ask to see identification before allowing a utility worker into your residence. Call the number on our website to see if our employee is scheduled to be at your home.
- Don’t give your banking or credit card information over the phone. Our phone agents will NEVER personally request it.
If you need to verify your service or account status, call the
Customer Service number on our website, or sign into your account. If you suspect fraud, report it to CenterPoint Energy, your local police, the FBI and the Federal Trade Commission.
Save Energy and Money with Heating System Rebates
Upgrading your heating system or thermostats before winter hits? Good idea! An even better idea is checking into possible rebates you can receive depending on the type of heating system and/or thermostat. Save yourself up to hundreds of dollars by visiting our
Hot Tips for Cooler Weather
The chilly season is here. Be prepared with a few tips on how to save energy and money this winter.
Discover more ways to save
- Dial your thermostat down to 65 F during the day and 58 F at night or when you will be gone for four hours or longer – or get a smart thermostat.
- Insulate warm air ducts and cold air returns that pass through cold areas.
- Water heaters account for about 18 percent of your energy use. Try setting the temp no higher than 120 F for comfort and efficiency.
Keep Safe Around Appliances
There are several ways to ensure the safe use of natural gas appliances around the house. Do you follow these rules?
- Never use natural gas ranges for space heating.
- Never use a natural gas grill in a garage or enclosed area.
- Store flammable liquids away from any natural gas appliances.
- Remove lint and obstructions from clothes dryer exhaust duct regularly.
- Have a licensed professional move or replace natural gas appliances.
Check out other
best practices to make a part of your home.
Keep Your Family Safe from Carbon Monoxide This Winter
Carbon monoxide can be a serious safety concern, especially during winter. To help protect your family, have your home’s fuel-burning equipment inspected for proper installation, venting and operation, and install a carbon monoxide alarm.
Find more tips about symptoms of exposure, what to do and
how to prevent CO buildup at our site.
Keep Winter Cabin Fever Away with Our Kid-Friendly Safe and Smart Site
Are your kids home for winter break? Does your family have a case of cabin fever? We have educational and entertaining activities for you and your family with
Safe and Smart. This fun, interactive website for students of all ages features safety tips by age, from elementary through teens, videos, activity sheets and games designed to increase awareness of natural gas concepts and how to be safe around natural gas.
Thank You to Those Who Entered Our Grill Like a Boss Contest
Even though the contest is over, the grilling fun can continue. You can enjoy the recipes and grill tips entered by CenterPoint Energy customers all year long. Try a new dry rub:
Epic Dry Rub or a new recipe for an old favorite:
Big John’s Chili-Rubbed Ribs. Want to be adventurous at your next tailgate? Try
Sauced Jalapeno Peppers or
Queso Flameado. Find more
fun tailgating recipes here.
Here are the winners from Arkansas:
Wendy, an Arkansas Razorbacks fan, from England
Jerome, an Arkansas Razorbacks fan, from Springdale
Thomas, a Tennessee Volunteers fan, from Little Rock