To be eligible for CenterPoint Energy funding, nonprofit programs must meet the following criteria:
- IRS 501(c)(3), 501(c)(4), or 501(c)(6) designation
- Objectives correspond with one or more of our program's three focus areas
- Based in communities served by CenterPoint Energy
Proposals are accepted from May 1 through May 31 for possible inclusion in the next calendar budget year.
It is not possible for CenterPoint Energy to fund every excellent and worthy proposal that matches our areas of interest. This is a function of limited resources and a large volume of requests. A decision to not fund a request should not be considered a reflection on the objectives of the applicant.
We do not make grants for:
- Multi-year requests
- Religious or political purposes
- Travel and related expenses
- Fundraising activities
- National organizations
- Sports and athletic programs
- Capital campaigns