Residential Furnace Tune-Up Rebate
Submit Online Rebate
With our furnace tune-up rebate, you will maximize the homeowner’s system efficiency, identify potential problems before the system fails and educate on the benefits of upgrading to a high-efficiency heating system.
CenterPoint Energy natural gas customers can receive a
$25 rebate in the form of a Mastercard® prepaid card when you perform a tune-up that includes seven required maintenance items shown below.
How the Program Works
- Schedule a heating system tune-up with CenterPoint Energy residential gas customers between Jan. 1 - Dec. 31.
- Perform a tune-up which includes the seven required service items (listed below).
- Complete an online rebate application by Dec. 31: first, please review the
Terms & Conditions, then access the
online rebate application.
Submit Online Rebate
Note: You’ll need to attach your company tune-up checklist and customer invoice for the tune-up service to your online application.
Customers will receive their rebates faster if you submit the application through the
dealer-only rebate processing system. If you are not able to access the online rebate processing system, you may order paper rebate forms here.
- Your customer will receive a Mastercard® prepaid card valued at $25 within eight weeks of CenterPoint Energy receiving the completed rebate application.
Required Service Items
- Perform carbon monoxide test and adjust gas and/or air if CO is too high.
- Check flame characteristics, and adjust gas and/or air, if needed.
- Check flue gas path from burner to vent for cleanliness and cracks. Clean and report as necessary.
- Check the pilot/igniter for proper operation. Also check the flame sensor/pilot light shut down controls for proper operation.
- Check the condition of the furnace air filter. Recommend the correct replacement part, if necessary.
- Check condition of fan motor(s). Lubricate bearings as needed.
- Check the operational controls and adjust, if necessary.
This rebate offer is only available for Minnesota residential heating customers who receive natural gas service from CenterPoint Energy. Rebate is limited to one per natural gas furnace with a qualifying tune-up. The heating system needs to be used as a primary heating source. Each natural gas heating system is eligible to receive a tune-up rebate every other year. New construction homes are not eligible for this rebate offer.
Please note: This rebate offer is only available to Minnesota residential homes served with natural gas from CenterPoint Energy. Rebates will be processed in the order that they were received and are paid on a first-come, first-served basis.