Rebates for customized, high-efficiency equipment
CenterPoint Energy's custom rebate program is designed for the unique equipment needs of our commercial and industrial manufacturing customers, making it easier for you to increase energy efficiency and savings.
Our custom rebates can help you:
- Save when purchasing and installing efficient new natural gas equipment
- Cut your energy use and operating costs
- Offset associated project engineering costs
Submit your ideas for an energy-saving project showing the associated energy savings and equipment costs before you commit to your purchase, and we will determine if your project qualifies for a CenterPoint Energy custom rebate.
Natural gas-saving projects that may qualify include:
- Infrared processing equipment
- Curing and coating systems
- Tower/shaft aluminum melting furnace
- Process drying
- Thermal curtains
- Other customized equipment installations
Businesses that benefit
- Food and kindred processors
- Stone, clay, glass, asphalt or concrete manufacturers
- Primary and fabricated metals
- Other industries
Criteria to determine rebate level
- A buy-down to as low as a one-year payback
- Up to 50 percent incremental equipment cost
- Up to 25 percent of equipment cost
How to Receive Your Rebate
- Install qualifying equipment a location with natural gas provided by CenterPoint Energy.
- Contact CenterPoint Energy to discuss your project plans before you purchase equipment. Call your account manager or 612-321-4330 (800-234-5800, ext. 4330).
- Work with your CenterPoint Energy account manager to complete and submit all required paperwork. Your account manager will inform you of the rebate amount for which your project qualifies.
- Submit your completed paperwork to your account manager or trade ally representative. All applications must be received by Dec. 31 of the calendar year in which the equipment is installed.
Program is valid from Jan. 1 through Dec. 31. Include copies of the dated invoice and proof of installation. To avoid delays, please submit your paperwork as soon as equipment installation is complete.
- Allow six to eight weeks for rebate processing from the time we receive your completed paperwork.
Engineering Assistance Program
Provides funding up to $5,000 to commercial and industrial customers for a portion of engineering fees for study, design, and installation of qualifying energy-efficiency projects. Customers may be eligible for up to an additional $5,000 if qualifying natural gas technologies are installed. Pre- approval of the study and funding are required prior to starting.
If you are considering investing in energy efficiency design improvements, CenterPoint Energy has a variety of
design/engineering programs available including:
- Energy design assistance
- Process efficiency
All rebates must be submitted by Dec. 31, 2023.