Water Heater Rebates
Encourage your customers to replace their existing water heater before it leaks.
Cash for Customers - for replacement or new construction
|Tankless||.80 UEF and greater||$250|
|Tank ≤ 55 gallons||.64 UEF and greater, Medium Draw (≤ 75,000 Btu)*|
|Tank ≤ 55 gallons||.68 UEF and greater; High Draw (≤ 75,000 Btu)*|
|Tank > 55 gallons||.80 UEF and greater, High Draw (≤ 75,000 Btu)*|
Cash for Dealers
Receive a $50 dealer incentive for each qualifying tankless water heater rebate processed listing your company as the installer and $15 for any tank model dealer incentive. In order for CenterPoint Energy to issue ongoing incentive payments to dealers, we must have a current copy of your Form W-9 on file. We update W-9 files every two years in compliance with tax laws.
How the Program Works
- Work with your customers to determine the best natural gas water heater for their home. Install a qualifying water heater between Jan. 1 - Dec. 31.
- Generate a rebate application for your customers and builders. Simply type your information in the interactive fields and then print your completed form. Please review all program guidelines and requirements on back of rebate application.
Water Heater Rebate form
- The rebate application must be signed by a representative of your company and the purchaser of the equipment.
- Be sure to list the number of occupants in the home on the rebate application. We are unable to process the application without this information.
- Attach a copy of your dated sales invoice that shows the equipment purchased. Make sure the invoice includes customer name, the install date, brand, complete model number, serial number and applicable efficiency rating.
- Mail us the completed application, including required signatures, along with your dated sales invoice. In order to secure your rebate, submit all requested paperwork by the calendar year end (Dec. 31).
Water Heater Rebate Processing
PO Box 59038
Minneapolis, MN 55459-0038
- We'll mail a rebate check to your customer or builder within eight weeks following the receipt of your completed application.
Please note: This rebate offer is only available for Mississippi customers who receive natural gas service from CenterPoint Energy. Rebates are paid on a first-come, first-served basis.
Some utility rebates are taxable under Internal Revenue Service rules. Customers are responsible for all applicable taxes.
CenterPoint Energy reserves the right to limit any rebate and conduct on-site inspection of installed equipment. All decisions by CenterPoint Energy regarding energy savings, cost savings, rebate amounts and approvals are final.
CenterPoint Energy cannot guarantee energy savings and rebate equipment installed under warranty replacement.
Rebate program funds are budgeted on an annual basis. Rebate amounts and availability are subject to approval by the Mississippi Public Service Commission.
All rebates must be submitted by Dec. 31, 2018.