Water Heater Rebates
Cash for Customers - For replacement or new construction
Encourage your customers to replace their existing water heater before it leaks.
| Tank || .70 or greater UEF ||$75|
| Tank (75,000 Btu/hr or greater)|| .88 thermal efficiency or greater || $200 per 100,000 Btuh input, not to exceed 25% of total equipment cost - |
|Tankless||.80 or greater UEF|| $500|
(Forced-air furnace and tankless water heater)
≥ 95% AFUE (furnace)
Tankless water heater
Cash for dealers
$100 incentive for each qualifying combination unit ($50 for HVAC contractor; $50 for plumber) and a
$50 dealer incentive for each qualifying tankless and tank water heater 75,000 BTU/hr or greater rebates processed listing your company as the installer. In order for CenterPoint Energy to issue ongoing incentive payments to dealers, we must have a current copy of your Form W-9 on file. We update W-9 files every two years in compliance with tax laws.
How the program works
- Work with your customers to determine the best natural gas water heater for the homes you build on CenterPoint Energy's service lines. Buy and install a qualifying water heater between Jan. 1 - Dec. 31.
- Generate a rebate application for your customers and builders. Simply type your information in the interactive fields and then print your completed form. Please review all program guidelines and requirements on back of rebate application.
Water Heater Rebate form (PDF)
Combination Unit Rebate form (PDF)
- The rebate application must be signed by a representative of your company and the purchaser of the equipment.
- Attach a copy of your dated sales invoice that shows the equipment purchased. Make sure the invoice includes customer name, install date, brand, complete model number, serial number and applicable efficiency rating.
- Mail us the completed application, including required signatures, along with your dated sales invoice. In order to secure your rebate, submit all the paperwork by the calendar year end (Dec. 31).
Water Heater Rebate Program
PO Box 59038
Minneapolis, MN 55459-0038
We'll mail a rebate check to your customer or builder within 6 - 8 weeks following the receipt of your completed application.
Please note: This rebate offer is only available for Arkansas customers who receive natural gas service from CenterPoint Energy. Rebates are paid on a first-come, first-served basis.
Some utility rebates are taxable under Internal Revenue Service rules. Customers are responsible for all applicable taxes.
CenterPoint Energy reserves the right to limit any rebate and conduct on-site inspection of installed equipment. All decisions by CenterPoint Energy regarding energy savings, cost savings, rebate amounts and approvals are final. CenterPoint Energy cannot guarantee energy savings and does not warrant rebated equipment.
Rebate program funds are budgeted on an annual basis. Rebate amounts and availability are subject to approval by the Arkansas Public Service Commission.
All rebates must be submitted by Dec. 31, 2018.