Commercial Load Management Program
Large Commercial and Industrial Energy Efficiency Program
Reduce summer peak demand and improve the energy efficiency of large commercial and industrial facilities with CenterPoint Energy’s
Commercial Load Management Program.
- Program available to
non-residential distribution, government, educational institutions and non-profit customers.
- Earn up to
$31.50 per kW of verified curtailed load each year of participation.
- Availability period for curtailments is limited to June 1 through September 30, 1-7 p.m. on weekdays, excluding federal holidays
- Participants are required to be capable of curtailing at least 100 kW.
- Participant must be equipped with an Interval Data Recorder or Smart Meter.
Commercial Customers Commit to
- Curtail load when provided 30 minute notification.
- One-year commitment, but there are no penalties if opt out of the program at an earlier time.
- A maximum of six (6) curtailments each year: A maximum of two (2) scheduled curtailments lasting one to three hours in duration each, plus a maximum of four (4) unscheduled curtailments lasting up to four hours each in duration during each year of participation.