Richfield - 2018 Reconstruction Project
Scheduled Start Date: August 6, 2018
Where, when, and why is CenterPoint Energy performing construction?Beginning in the week of August 6, 2018, and ending in late Fall 2018, CenterPoint Energy’s authorized contractor, Michels Corporation, will be replacing natural gas mains and connecting natural gas service lines to the installed mains in Richfield along the following streets:
Eastbound and westbound streets
Northbound and southbound streets
CenterPoint Energy’s work will be done in coordination with the City of Richfield’s “Accelerated Mill and Overlay Program
” project. For more information on the city’s project, please visit its website.
What are the estimated traffic impacts?
- Residents and local businesses will have access to their properties at all times.
- Construction will occur in segments along the construction route, rather than all at once. Lane restrictions are anticipated in areas where active construction is occurring and are necessary to keep both the public and construction personnel safe.
- CenterPoint Energy’s authorized contractor, Q3 Contracting, will restore the areas affected by Michels Corporation’s construction—typically the boulevard, lawn, sidewalk and road.
How may the natural gas service line installations affect customers?
- As part of this main project, the crews will be replacing several natural gas service lines that connect from the main to the customer’s property. Customers will experience a short disruption of gas service as the crews are installing the gas service line.
- Crews may have to dig in the ground on your property in the utility easement to complete the task of service and main distribution line replacement. If a customer’s property is disturbed, CNP will restore the hard and soft surfaces affected by construction at no cost to you.
- In addition to the natural gas service line installation, some customers may also have their inside gas meters moved to the outside of their homes as part of CenterPoint Energy’s long-term improvement project called “Moving Gas Meters Outside.” Please click here to find out more about our project and click here to see a one-page fact sheet with photographs of a meter move.
What if Q3 Contracting doesn’t finish all restoration in 2018?
CenterPoint Energy’s “Richfield 2018 Reconstruction Project” project may end in the 2019 construction season if necessary. While Michels Corporation will finish the natural gas main installations and the service line connections in 2018, Q3 Contracting will work behind Michels Corporation, restoring the areas affected by Michels Corporation’s construction. If restoration is not finished in 2018 because the weather is unconducive for permanent restoration, Q3 Contracting will temporarily restore the hard and soft surfaces affected by Michels Corporation’s construction. Q3 Contracting will return in the spring and summer 2019 construction season to permanently restore these areas.
For examples of permanent and temporary restoration, please see our Restoration Practices and Updates
What is CenterPoint Energy’s mission, and how can I contact CenterPoint Energy?
At CenterPoint Energy, we are committed to providing timely and relevant information to our customers and the general public to minimize inconvenience or disruption due to our construction activities. CNP has provided safe, clean and efficient natural gas service to Minnesota communities for more than 145 years. We are proud of this record and strive to improve it by educating the public about the benefits of natural gas at CenterPointEnergy.com/BeSafe.
Frequent updates will be posted on the Project Status page below. In addition, you can contact one of the following CenterPoint Energy resources. Please reference the project name or number 85420440:
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- phone: 612-321-5369
- Communication Specialist, Hannah Gullickson:
- email: email@example.com
- phone: 612-321-5042
We appreciate your business and look forward to continuing to serve you.