New Hope/Crystal - Winnetka Pipeline
Scheduled Start Date: August 21, 2017
What is CenterPoint Energy doing for construction?
In 2013, CenterPoint Energy began a multi-year project that will replace approximately 61 miles of 20- and 24-inch diameter steel pipeline to enhance the long-term safety, reliability and facilitation of ongoing pipeline inspection. In 2017, CenterPoint Energy is replacing pipeline in Brooklyn Park, New Hope, Crystal, St. Louis Park and Hopkins. New Hope’s construction will begin on August 21, 2017, and will last until October 2017. This construction will occur in the northbound lane of Winnetka Avenue N. from 68th Avenue N. in Brooklyn Park to 55th Avenue N. in New Hope and Crystal during this time.
What are the traffic plans on Winnetka Avenue N. between 62nd Avenue N. and Bass Lake Road?
Crews from Michels Corporation, an authorized CenterPoint Energy contractor, will be installing natural gas pipeline along Winnetka Avenue N. between 62nd Avenue N. and Bass Lake Road. The installation will start on August 21, 2017, and will last for approximately eight weeks. Construction will begin at 62nd Avenue N. and Bass Lake Road concurrently. The crews will work from either end of the construction route and meet in the middle. During this time, the following traffic plans will remain:
- Street parking will not be available on Winnetka Avenue N. during active construction.
- Between Bass Lake Road and 62nd Avenue N., Winnetka Avenue N. will be closed except to local traffic. In this area, there will only be one lane of southbound traffic. Northbound traffic will be closed during active construction.
- Detour signs will be posted on site, leading drivers back onto northbound Winnetka Avenue N. via Boone Avenue N.
The following traffic plans will change as construction progresses. Frequent updates will be posted on the Project Status page below:
- As the crews work along Winnetka Avenue N., intersections will be closed for up to three days before reopening. This will allow the crews to install the pipeline through an intersection.
- When the crews cross 59th Avenue N., residents living along 59th Avenue N. west of Winnetka Avenue N. will be given access to and from 59th Avenue N.
- Residents will have access to and from their driveways during active construction.
How does this apply to residents?
An open house was held on April 3 at 6:00 p.m. at the New Hope City Hall on 4401 Xylon Avenue N. Representatives from the Cities of New Hope and Crystal as well as CenterPoint Energy personnel attended the meeting and discussed details of the project with the public.
How can I contact CenterPoint Energy?
CenterPoint Energy wants to thank you for your patience. For questions about the project, please call our Information Hotline at 612-321-5369 or our Communication Specialist at 612-321-5546. For questions about restoration (hard or soft surfaces) please call our Restoration Department at 612-321-5042.