Project Status - Minnetrista and Mound - County Road 44
CenterPoint Energy is progressing in its “Minnetrista and Mound – County Road 44” project. Below are the construction details:
- Crews from CenterPoint Energy’s authorized contractor, Michels Corporation, have installed natural gas main along County Road 44 from Bartlett Boulevard (County Road 110) to Shady Lane.
- On Monday, September 10, the crews will work on the natural gas main on County Road 44 at the channel that connects Halsted Bay and Priest Bay at Eagle Bluff Road. They will be there for approximately one week.
- On Wednesday, August 29, the crews began connecting natural gas service lines to the natural gas mains.
CenterPoint Energy began construction on its “Minnetrista and Mound – County Road 44” project on June 7, 2018. Below are the construction details:
- From June 7 to 15, crews from Michels Corporation, an authorized CenterPoint Energy contractor, installed natural gas main along County Road 110 at County Road 44. Crews from Q3 Contracting, an authorized CenterPoint Energy contractor, are restoring the areas affected by Michels Corporation’s construction. This should be done within the week of June 18, depending on weather. If more time is needed, they will finish restoration within the week of June 25. When restoration is complete, the traffic signs associated with Q3 Contracting’s work will be removed and the road will be open.
- Today on Tuesday, June 19, Michels Corporation have begun installing natural gas main along County Road 44 from County Road 110. They will be installing along County Road 44 down to Shady Lane for the rest of the project’s duration, due to the extensive length of the natural gas main.
- County Road 110 is currently closed to through traffic by the City of Mound, Hennepin County and Metropolitan Council Environmental Services (MCES). For more information on their projects, please visit their websites.
Where, when, and why is CenterPoint Energy performing construction?Beginning on June 7, 2018, and ending within September 2018, CenterPoint Energy’s contractor, Michels Corporation, will be replacing natural gas mains and connecting natural gas service lines to the installed mains in Minnetrista and Mound along County Road 44 from Bartlett Boulevard (County Road 110) to Shady Lane.
CenterPoint Energy’s work will be done in coordination with construction by the City of Mound, Hennepin County and Metropolitan Council Environmental Services (MCES). For more information on each project, please visit its respective website:
What are the estimated traffic impacts?
- Residents and businesses will be given access to and from their homes and locations. The crew will be on site notifying the areas adjacent to construction. They will also be available for questions in person.
- Construction will occur in segments along the construction route, rather than all at once. Lane restrictions are anticipated in areas where active construction is occurring and are necessary to keep both the public and construction personnel safe.
- Crews from Q3 Contracting, an authorized CenterPoint Energy contractor, will restore the areas affected by CenterPoint Energy’s construction—typically the utility easement, the street, and the customer’s yard.
How may the natural gas service line installations affect customers?
- As part of this main project, the crews will also be replacing several natural gas service lines that connect from the main to the customer's property. Customers will experience a short disruption of gas service as the crews are installing the gas service line.
- Crews may have to dig in the ground on your property in the utility easement to complete the task of service and main distribution line replacement. If a customer’s property is disturbed, CenterPoint Energy will restore the hard and soft surfaces affected by construction at no cost to you.
How can I contact CenterPoint Energy?
Frequent updates will be posted on this Project Status page. In addition, you can contact one of the following CenterPoint Energy resources. Please reference the project name or number 80088423:
- email: email@example.com
- phone: 612-321-5369
- Communication Specialist, Hannah Gullickson:
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- phone: 612-321-5042
We appreciate your business and look forward to continuing to serve you.