Project Status - Minnetrista and Mound - County Road 44
Where, when, and why is CenterPoint Energy performing construction?Beginning in late May or early June 2018 and ending within August 2018, CenterPoint Energy’s contractor, Michels Corporation, will be replacing natural gas mains and connecting natural gas service lines to the installed mains in Minnetrista and Mound along County Road 44 from Bartlett Boulevard (County Road 110) to Shady Lane.
CenterPoint Energy’s work will be done in coordination with construction by the City of Mound, Hennepin County and Metropolitan Council Environmental Services (MCES). For more information on each project, please visit its respective website:
What are the estimated traffic impacts?
- Residents and businesses will be given access to and from their homes and locations. The crew will be on site notifying the areas adjacent to construction. They will also be available for questions in person.
- Construction will occur in segments along the construction route, rather than all at once. Lane restrictions are anticipated in areas where active construction is occurring and are necessary to keep both the public and construction personnel safe.
- Crews from Q3 Contracting, an authorized CenterPoint Energy contractor, will restore the areas affected by CenterPoint Energy’s construction—typically the utility easement, the street, and the customer’s yard.
How may the natural gas service line installations affect customers?
- As part of this main project, the crews will also be replacing several natural gas service lines that connect from the main to the customer's property. Customers will experience a short disruption of gas service as the crews are installing the gas service line.
- Crews may have to dig in the ground on your property in the utility easement to complete the task of service and main distribution line replacement. If a customer’s property is disturbed, CenterPoint Energy will restore the hard and soft surfaces affected by construction at no cost to you.
How can I contact CenterPoint Energy?
For questions about the project, please call our Information Hotline at 612-321-5369 or our Communication Specialist at 612-321-5546. For questions about restoration (hard or soft surfaces) please call our Restoration Department at 612-321-5042. CenterPoint Energy wants to thank you for your patience.