Project Status - Minneapolis - Osseo Road and 49th Avenue N.
CenterPoint Energy is finishing its “Osseo Road and 49th Avenue N.” project in Minneapolis. Below are the construction details:
- Crews from Michels Corporation, an authorized CenterPoint Energy contractor, installed all the natural gas mains on this project.
- Crews from Q3 Contracting, an authorized CenterPoint Energy contractor, will begin restoring the areas affected by Michels Corporation’s construction this Monday, July 9. Restoration will last for the week of July 9 and is scheduled to be open by Saturday, July 14, weather permitting.
- CenterPoint Energy wants to thank you for your patience during the construction process.
Where, when, and why is CenterPoint Energy performing construction?
From Monday, June 25, to Saturday, June 30, CenterPoint Energy’s contractor, Michels Corporation, will be replacing natural gas main to the installed mains in Minneapolis at the intersection of Osseo Road (also Brooklyn Boulevard) and 49th Avenue N. CenterPoint Energy’s authorized contractor, Q3 Contracting, will restore the areas affected by Michels Corporation’s construction during this time frame.
What are the estimated traffic impacts?
- To perform the work, Michels Corporation will close the eastern half of the intersection. While drivers can go north and south along Osseo Road, which leads into Brooklyn Boulevard, drivers can’t turn left or right onto eastbound 49th Avenue N.
- Detour signs will be posted on site for eastbound 49th Avenue N., leading drivers along Osseo Road, 44th Avenue N. and Humboldt Avenue N.
- Lane restrictions are anticipated in areas where active construction is occurring and are necessary to keep both the public and construction personnel safe.
What is CenterPoint Energy’s mission, and how can I contact CenterPoint Energy?
At CenterPoint Energy, we are committed to providing timely and relevant information to our customers and the general public to minimize inconvenience or disruption due to our construction activities. CNP has provided safe, clean and efficient natural gas service to Minnesota communities for more than 145 years. We are proud of this record and strive to improve it by educating the public about the benefits of natural gas at CenterPointEnergy.com/BeSafe.
Status updates will be provided on this Project Status page. For questions about the project, please call our Information Hotline at 612-321-5369 or our Communication Specialist at 612-321-5546. For questions about restoration (hard or soft surfaces) please call our Restoration Department at 612-321-5042. CenterPoint Energy wants to thank you for your patience.