Project Status - Minneapolis - Oak Street SE
CenterPoint Energy’s “Oak Street SE” project in Minneapolis is nearing completion. Below are the construction details for this update:
- Tomorrow on Friday, October 5, crews from Q3 Contracting, an authorized CenterPoint Energy contractor, will finish restoring the areas for the 2018 portion of CenterPoint Energy’s “Oak Street SE” project. This restoration includes the blacktop, concrete and soft-surface areas affected by Michels Corporation, CenterPoint Energy’s authorized contractor. The traffic signs associated with CenterPoint Energy’s work will be removed on October 5.
- In 2019, Q3 Contracting will return to permanently restore the east corner of Delaware Street SE and Harvard Street SE. It is temporarily restored for the 2018 season.
- Further construction is happening from the City of Minneapolis at the intersection of Oak Street SE and Delaware Street SE for the city’s “Oak Street Protected Bikeway Project,” and from Mortenson Company at the intersection of Delaware Street SE and Harvard Street SE.
Crews from Michels Corporation, an authorized CenterPoint Energy contractor, are making progress in CenterPoint Energy’s “Oak Street SE” project in Minneapolis. Below are the construction details for this update:
- The crews finished installing the natural gas mains for this project on Wednesday, August 15.
- The crews will finish connecting the natural gas service lines to the installed mains by Monday, August 20.
- Crews from Q3 Contracting, an authorized CenterPoint Energy contractor, will temporarily restore the hard surfaces affected by Michels Corporation. The temporary restoration will last until Friday, August 24 to accommodate the students for the University of Minnesota.
- After Labor Day, which will occur on Monday, September 3, crews from Q3 Contracting will return to permanently restore these areas. This restoration should be complete by within the week of September 19.
CenterPoint Energy is making progress in its “Oak Street SE” project in Minneapolis. Below are the construction details for this update:
- For the next two weeks, crews from Michels Corporation, an authorized CenterPoint Energy contractor, will continue to install natural gas main along the north sidewalk of Delaware Street SE between Walnut Street SE and Oak Street SE.
- While they are working in this area, the north sidewalk and the parking will be closed. Pedestrian traffic will be detoured to the south sidewalk of Delaware Street SE. Traffic will be maintained in both directions.
- During this weekend of Saturday, July 14, and Sunday, July 15, the crews will close the entrance into Walnut Street SE from Delaware Street SE. Detour routes will be posted on site, leading drivers to Walnut Street SE via Oak Street SE and Washington Avenue. Two-way traffic will be maintained on Delaware Street SE during this closure.
Where, when, and why is CenterPoint Energy performing construction?Beginning on Monday, June 18, and lasting within the middle of August 2018, CenterPoint Energy’s authorized contractor, Michels Corporation, will be replacing natural gas mains and connecting natural gas service lines to the installed mains in Minneapolis along the following streets:
- Oak Street SE between Delaware Street SE and Essex Street SE
- Harvard Street SE at Delaware Street SE
- Delaware Street SE between Harvard Street SE and Oak Street SE
CenterPoint Energy’s work will be done in coordination with the City of Minneapolis’s “Oak Street Protected Bikeway Project
,” which will take place in 2018, and the University of Minnesota and its projects’ contractors. For more information on the city’s project, please visit its website.
What are the estimated traffic impacts?
- Construction will occur in segments along the construction route, rather than all at once. It will occur in the following sequence:
- The intersection of Oak Street SE and Essex Street SE
- Oak Street SE from Essex Street SE to Delaware Street SE
- Delaware Street SE from Oak Street SE to Harvard Street SE
- The intersection of Harvard Street SE and Delaware Street SE
- Although there will be no full closures in CenterPoint Energy’s construction area, lane restrictions are anticipated in areas where active construction is occurring. They are necessary to keep both the public and construction personnel safe.
- Crews from Q3 Contracting, an authorized CenterPoint Energy contractor, will restore the areas affected by CenterPoint Energy’s construction—typically the utility easement, the street, and the customer’s yard.
How may the natural gas service line installations affect customers?
- As part of this main project, the crews will be replacing several natural gas service lines that connect from the main to the customer’s property. Customers will experience a short disruption of gas service as the crews are installing the gas service line.
- Crews may have to dig in the ground on your property in the utility easement to complete the task of service and main distribution line replacement. If a customer’s property is disturbed, CNP will restore the hard and soft surfaces affected by construction at no cost to you.
What is CenterPoint Energy’s mission, and how can I contact CenterPoint Energy?
At CenterPoint Energy, we are committed to providing timely and relevant information to our customers and the general public to minimize inconvenience or disruption due to our construction activities. CNP has provided safe, clean and efficient natural gas service to Minnesota communities for more than 145 years. We are proud of this record and strive to improve it by educating the public about the benefits of natural gas at CenterPointEnergy.com/BeSafe.
Frequent updates will be posted on this Project Status page. In addition, you can contact one of the following CenterPoint Energy resources. Please reference the project name or number 85823181:
- email: email@example.com
- phone: 612-321-5369
- Communication Specialist, Hannah Gullickson:
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- phone: 612-321-5042
We appreciate your business and look forward to continuing to serve you.