Minneapolis - East Hennepin Avenue
Scheduled Start Date: April 16, 2018
Where, when, and why is CenterPoint Energy performing construction?
Beginning on Monday, April 16, and ending within July or August 2018, CenterPoint Energy’s contractor, Michels Corporation, will be replacing natural gas mains and connecting natural gas service lines to the installed mains in Minneapolis along the following streets:
- E. Hennepin Avenue from Nicollet Island to 5th Street SE
- Central Avenue from E. Hennepin Avenue to 6th Street SE
- 5th Street SE from the Northstar Line – BNSF Railroad to E. Hennepin Avenue
- Main Street SE from the 1st Avenue Bridge to E. Hennepin Avenue
- On Nicollet Island, Wilder Street and Merriam Street from E. Hennepin Avenue to Nicollet Island Pavilion
CenterPoint Energy’s work will be done in coordination with Hennepin County’s “Hennepin Avenue East Concrete Pavement Repair” project, and with the City of Minneapolis’s paving project on 5th Street NE. For more information on the county’s and city’s projects, please visit their respective websites below:
What are the estimated traffic impacts?
- Access on E. Hennepin Avenue will be maintained for the duration of the project. Local businesses will have access to their properties at all times. Pedestrian traffic will be maintained.
- If the crews need to perform work on the weekends, they may need to place partial closures on the side streets.
- Construction will occur in segments along the construction route, rather than all at once. Lane restrictions are anticipated in areas where active construction is occurring and are necessary to keep both the public and construction personnel safe.
- Frequent updates will be provided on the Project Status page below.
How may the natural gas service line installations affect customers?
As part of this main project, the crews will be replacing several natural gas service lines that connect from the main to the customer’s property. Customers will experience a short disruption of gas service as the crews are installing the gas service line.
Crews may have to dig in the ground on your property in the utility easement to complete the task of service and main distribution line replacement. If a customer’s property is disturbed, CNP will restore the hard and soft surfaces affected by construction at no cost to you.
What is CenterPoint Energy’s mission, and how can I contact CenterPoint Energy?At CenterPoint Energy, we are committed to providing timely and relevant information to our customers and the general public to minimize inconvenience or disruption due to our construction activities. CNP has provided safe, clean and efficient natural gas service to Minnesota communities for more than 145 years. We are proud of this record and strive to improve it by educating the public about the benefits of natural gas at CenterPointEnergy.com/BeSafe.
Frequent updates will be posted on this Project Status page. In addition, you can contact one of the following CenterPoint Energy resources. Please reference the project name or number 84758091:
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- phone: 612-321-5369
- Communication Specialist, Hannah Gullickson:
- email: email@example.com
- phone: 612-321-5042
We appreciate your business and look forward to continuing to serve you.