Minneapolis - Armatage Neighborhood
Scheduled Start Date: July 16, 2018
Where, when, and why is CenterPoint Energy performing construction?Beginning in the week of July 16, 2018, and ending within late Fall 2018, CenterPoint Energy’s authorized contractor, Michels Corporation, will be replacing natural gas mains and connecting natural gas service lines to the installed mains in Minneapolis along the following streets:
- Washburn Avenue S. between W. 58th Street and W. 62nd Street
- Vincent Avenue S. between W. 58th Street and W. 62nd Street
- Upton Avenue S. between W. 58th Street and W. 62nd Street
- Thomas Avenue S. between W. 59th Street and W. 62nd Street
- Sheridan Avenue S. between W. 58th Street and W. 62nd Street
- Russell Avenue S. between W. 58th Street and W. 62nd Street
- Penn Avenue S. W. 59th Street and W. 60th Street
CenterPoint Energy’s work will be done in coordination with the City of Minneapolis’s Street Resurfacing Program
that will take place in areas including the Armatage Neighborhood. For more information on the project, please visit the city’s website.
What are the estimated traffic impacts?
- Residents will have access to their properties at all times. Pedestrian traffic will be maintained.
- Construction will occur in segments along the construction route, rather than all at once. Lane restrictions are anticipated in areas where active construction is occurring and are necessary to keep both the public and construction personnel safe.
- Crews from Q3 Contracting, an authorized CenterPoint Energy contractor, will restore the areas affected by CenterPoint Energy’s construction—typically the utility easement, the street, and the customer’s yard.
- The City of Minneapolis’s Public Works Department will restore street pavement.
How may the natural gas service line installations affect customers?
- As part of this main project, the crews will be replacing several natural gas service lines that connect from the main to the customer’s property. Customers will experience a short disruption of gas service as the crews are installing the gas service line.
- Crews may have to dig in the ground on your property in the utility easement to complete the task of service and main distribution line replacement. If a customer’s property is disturbed, CNP will restore the hard and soft surfaces affected by construction at no cost to you.
What is CenterPoint Energy’s mission, and how can I contact CenterPoint Energy?
At CenterPoint Energy, we are committed to providing timely and relevant information to our customers and the general public to minimize inconvenience or disruption due to our construction activities. CNP has provided safe, clean and efficient natural gas service to Minnesota communities for more than 145 years. We are proud of this record and strive to improve it by educating the public about the benefits of natural gas at CenterPointEnergy.com/BeSafe.
Frequent updates will be posted on the Project Status page below. In addition, you can contact one of the following CenterPoint Energy resources. Please reference the project name or number 84658530:
- email: email@example.com
- phone: 612-321-5369
- Communication Specialist, Hannah Gullickson:
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- phone: 612-321-5042
We appreciate your business and look forward to continuing to serve you.