Minneapolis - 23rd Avenue N. and Logan Avenue N.
Scheduled Start Date: April 2, 2018
When, where, and why is CenterPoint Energy doing construction?
Beginning on Monday, April 2, and ending within mid-June 2018, CenterPoint Energy’s authorized contractor, Michels Corporation, will be replacing the natural gas Belt Line system in Minneapolis. This project is a continuation of CenterPoint Energy’s Belt Line project in Minnesota, which began in 2012 and will continue until approximately 2021. The affected streets will include the following:
- 23rd Avenue N. from the alley between Queen Avenue N. and Penn Avenue N. to Oliver Avenue N. (Traffic barriers will begin along 23rd Ave. N. at the alley between Russell and Queen Aves. N.)
- Oliver Avenue N. from 23rd Avenue N. to W. Broadway Avenue.
- Logan Avenue N. from W. Broadway Avenue to 24th Avenue N.
What is the estimated schedule and traffic impacts?
- The crews will start at 23rd Avenue N. and work west toward Logan Avenue N. During the weekend of April 14 and 15, the crews will close the intersection of 23rd Avenue N. and Penn Avenue N. Detour routes will be posted on site.
- Construction will occur in segments along the construction route, rather than all at once. Lane restrictions are anticipated in areas where active construction is occurring and are necessary to keep both the public and construction personnel safe.
- The crews will restore the disturbed areas affected by our work outside the county construction zone. This may consist of lawn restoration and sidewalk or street restoration as work dictates.
At CenterPoint Energy, we are committed to providing timely and relevant information to our customers and the general public to minimize inconvenience or disruption due to our construction activities. CNP has provided safe, clean and efficient natural gas service to Minnesota communities for more than 145 years. We are proud of this record and strive to improve it by educating the public about the benefits of natural gas at CenterPointEnergy.com/BeSafe.
What is CenterPoint Energy’s mission, and how can I contact CenterPoint Energy?
Frequent updates will be posted on our website at CenterPoint Energy.com/Construction. In addition, you can call our Information Hotline at 612-321-5369 or our Communication Specialist, Hannah Gullickson, at 612-321-5546. Please reference the “Minneapolis - 23rd Avenue N. and Logan Avenue N.” project or the number 84879073 when calling. We appreciate your business and look forward to continuing to serve you. Thank you very much.