Project Status - Minneapolis 2019 Belt Line Project
Where, when, and why is CenterPoint Energy performing construction?In coordination with the City of Minneapolis, CenterPoint Energy will be replacing part of the natural gas Belt Line system in Minneapolis in 2019, beginning in April. Project construction will occur along the following streets:
- Portland Avenue S. between E. 54th Street and E. 60th Street
- E. 60th Street between Clinton Avenue S. and Portland Avenue S.
- Columbus Avenue S. between E. 54th Street and E. 56th Street
- E. 54th Street between Columbus Avenue S. and Portland Avenue S.
- E. 55th Street between Portland Avenue S. and 14th Avenue S.
- E. 56th Street between Portland Avenue S. and Chicago Avenue S. and within the E. 56th Street and Chicago Avenue S. intersection
- 14th Avenue S. between E. 35th Street and E. 55th Street
- E. 35th Street between 14th Avenue S. and 15th Avenue S.
- 15th Avenue S. between E. 35th Street and Midtown Greenway
Lane restrictions will be anticipated in areas where active construction is occurring and are necessary to keep both the public and construction personnel safe. If any closures are necessary, they will be minimized. Local access will be maintained. More details will be added to this web page closer to the project’s start date.
This project is a continuation of CenterPoint Energy’s Belt Line project in Minnesota, which began in 2012 and will continue until approximately 2022. The Belt Line system is a series of natural gas distribution mains along routes from Brooklyn Center to Bloomington and from Golden Valley to Minneapolis.
What is CenterPoint Energy’s mission, and how can I contact CenterPoint Energy?At CenterPoint Energy, we are committed to providing timely and relevant information to our customers and the general public to minimize inconvenience or disruption due to our construction activities. CNP has provided safe, clean and efficient natural gas service to Minnesota communities for more than 145 years. We are proud of this record and strive to improve it by educating the public about the benefits of natural gas at CenterPointEnergy.com/BeSafe.
For any questions, you can contact one of the following CenterPoint Energy resources:
Communication Specialist, Hannah Gullickson
We appreciate your business and look forward to continuing to serve you.