Project Status - Medina - County Roads 115 and 116
What did CenterPoint Energy do for construction?CenterPoint Energy’s construction is complete on the County Roads 115 and 116 project.
- Crews from Michels Corporation, an authorized CenterPoint Energy contractor, installed natural gas mains along County Roads 115 and 116 from Clydesdale Trail to Tower Drive. The crews also connected natural gas service lines to the installed mains along this route.
- Construction began on July 31 and ended within the middle of August 2017.
- Further construction is being done by crews from Hennepin County and the City of Medina for their CSAH 115/CR 116 project. For more information on their project, please visit their website. Any lane restrictions are associated with construction from these crews. The lane restrictions are necessary to keep both the public and construction personnel safe.
CenterPoint Energy wants to thank you for your patience during the construction process.
What is CenterPoint Energy doing for construction?
Crews from CenterPoint Energy will begin replacing an existing natural gas pipeline in Medina on Monday, July 31, concurrently while Hennepin County and the City of Medina are working on their CSAH 115/CR 116 project
. CenterPoint Energy’s construction is expected to last until late August 2017. (Frequent updates will be posted on this "Project Status" web page.) Michels Corporation, an authorized CenterPoint Energy contractor, will begin installing natural gas mains along County Roads 115 and 116 from Clydesdale Trail to Tower Drive.
Two-way traffic will be maintained on County Roads 115 and 116 during active construction. However, lane restrictions are anticipated in areas where active construction is occurring. The lane restrictions are necessary to keep both the public and construction personnel safe.
Construction will happen in three phases:
- Phase 1 is installing the natural gas distribution main.
- Phase 2 is connecting the gas service lines to the new main along the same construction route. (A gas service line is a small-diameter pipe connecting the customer’s gas service to the main line in the street.)
- Phase 3 is restoring the areas affected by construction—typically the utility easement, the street, and the customer’s yard.
How may construction affect customers?
As part of this main project, the crews will also be replacing several natural gas service lines that connect from the main to the customer’s property. Customers will experience a short disruption of gas service as the crews are installing the gas service line.
Crews may have to dig in the ground on your property in the utility easement to complete the task of service and main distribution line replacement. If a customer’s property is disturbed, CenterPoint Energy will restore the hard and soft surfaces affected by construction at no cost to you.
How can I contact CenterPoint Energy?For questions about the project, please call our Information Hotline at 612-321-5369 or our Communication Specialist at 612-321-5546. For questions about restoration (hard or soft surfaces) please call our Restoration Department at 612-321-5042. CenterPoint Energy wants to thank you for your patience.