Long Lake and Orono - Wayzata Boulevard (CSAH 112)
Scheduled Start Date: Late April or Early May 2018
When, where, and why is CenterPoint Energy doing construction?
Beginning in late April or early May 2018 and ending within June or July 2018, CenterPoint Energy’s contractor, Michels Corporation, will be replacing natural gas mains and connecting natural gas service lines to the installed mains in Long Lake and Orono along Wayzata Boulevard (CSAH 112) from Wolf Pointe Trail to Myrtlewood Road. (See the Map of Construction below.)
Further construction will be performed by crews from Hennepin County for the county’s “Wayzata Boulevard Reconstruction
,” beginning in mid-April 2018. For more information on the county’s project, please visit the county’s website.
What are the estimated traffic impacts?
- Construction will occur in segments along the construction route, rather than all at once. Lane restrictions are anticipated in areas where active construction is occurring and are necessary to keep both the public and construction personnel safe.
- Frequent updates will be provided on the Project Status page below.
Construction will happen in three phases:
- Phase 1 is installing the natural gas distribution main.
- Phase 2 is connecting the natural gas service lines to the new main along the same construction route. (A gas service line is a small-diameter pipe connecting the customer's gas service to the main line in the street.)
- Phase 3 is restoring the areas affected by construction--typically the utility easement, the street, and the customer's yard.
How may Phase 2 affect customers?
As part of this main project, the crews will also be replacing several natural gas service lines that connect from the main to the customer's property. Customers will experience a short disruption of gas service as the crews are installing the gas service line.
Crews may have to dig in the ground on your property in the utility easement to complete the task of service and main distribution line replacement. If a customer’s property is disturbed, CenterPoint Energy will restore the hard and soft surfaces affected by construction at no cost to you.
How can I contact CenterPoint Energy?
For questions about the project, please call our Information Hotline at 612-321-5369 or our Communication Specialist at 612-321-5546. For questions about restoration (hard or soft surfaces) please call our Restoration Department at 612-321-5042. CenterPoint Energy wants to thank you for your patience.