Project Status - Long Lake and Orono - Wayzata Boulevard (CSAH 112)
Crews from Michels Corporation, an authorized CenterPoint Energy contractor, are progressing in construction on CenterPoint Energy’s “Wayzata Boulevard (CSAH 112)” project in Long Lake and Orono. Below are the details for this update:
- The crews will be finishing the natural gas main installation by Thursday, June 7.
- Currently the crews are connecting natural gas service lines to the installed main. The connections will be finished within two weeks.
- The hard surfaces affected by Michels Corporation’s construction will be temporarily restored by crews from Q3 Contracting, an authorized CenterPoint Energy contractor.
- When Q3 Contracting is done with their work, further construction will continue to be done by crews from Century Link, Xcel Energy, Mediacom and Hennepin County in coordination with the cities of Long Lake and Orono for the “Wayzata Boulevard Reconstruction” project. The private utility companies are relocating their utilities while Hennepin County and the cities of Long Lake and Orono are improving the infrastructure of Wayzata Boulevard. For more information on that project, please visit the county’s website.
What will CenterPoint Energy do for construction in 2018?
- From May to October 2017, CenterPoint Energy’s authorized contractor, Michels Corporation, replaced natural gas main along Wayzata Boulevard (County Road 112) from Willow Drive N. to Wolf Pointe Trail in Long Lake. (To view the project’s past details, please visit this link.) This work was completed in coordination with Hennepin County’s “Wayzata Boulevard Reconstruction” project.
- Beginning today on May 21, 2018, and ending in July 2018, Michels Corporation will be replacing natural gas mains and natural gas service lines in Long Lake and Orono along the northern (westbound) boulevard of Wayzata Boulevard (CSAH 112) from Wolf Pointe Trail to Myrtlewood Road.
- Construction will occur in segments along the construction route, rather than all at once. Lane restrictions are anticipated in areas where active construction is occurring and are necessary to keep both the public and construction personnel safe.
- Further construction will be performed by Hennepin County for its “Wayzata Boulevard Reconstruction,” which began this April 2018. This construction is happening in partnership with the Cities of Long Lake and Orono. For more information on the county’s project, please visit the county’s website.
How may the natural gas service line installations affect customers?
- As part of this main project, the crews will also be replacing several natural gas service lines that connect from the main to the customer's property. Customers will experience a short disruption of gas service as the crews are installing the gas service line.
- Crews may have to dig in the ground on your property in the utility easement to complete the task of service and main distribution line replacement. If a customer’s property is disturbed, CenterPoint Energy will restore the hard and soft surfaces affected by construction at no cost to you.
How can I contact CenterPoint Energy?
Frequent updates will be provided on this Project Status page. For questions about the project, please call our Information Hotline at 612-321-5369 or our Communication Specialist at 612-321-5546. For questions about restoration (hard or soft surfaces) please call our Restoration Department at 612-321-5042. CenterPoint Energy wants to thank you for your patience.