Golden Valley - Earl Street
Scheduled Start Date: April 19, 2018
What is CenterPoint Energy doing for construction?
CenterPoint Energy’s contractor, Michels Corporation, will be replacing natural gas mains in Golden Valley along the following streets (see the Map of Construction below):
- Earl Street from Independence Avenue N. to Flag Avenue N.
- Duluth Street from Flag Avenue N. to Ensign Avenue N.
- Elgin Place from the cul-de-sac to Ensign Avenue N.
- Independence Avenue N. from Earl Street to Duluth Street
- Hillsboro Avenue N. Earl Street to Duluth Street
- Gettysburg Avenue N. Earl Street to Duluth Street
- Flag Avenue N. Earl Street to Duluth Street
- Ensign Avenue N. from Duluth Street to 23rd Avenue N.
CenterPoint Energy’s construction is expected to begin on April 19, 2018, and will last into early June 2018. Frequent updates will be posted on the Project Status page below.
Construction will occur in segments along the construction route, rather than all at once. Lane restrictions and road closures are anticipated in areas where active construction is occurring and are necessary to keep both the public and construction personnel safe.
Further construction will be done by crews from the City of Golden Valley for the city’s 2018 Pavement Management Program
, which involves the reconstruction or reclaiming of streets selected in the project. A map and further details can be found on the city’s website.
Construction will happen in three phases:
- Phase 1 is installing the natural gas distribution main.
- Phase 2 is connecting the natural gas service lines to the new main along the same construction route. (A gas service line is a small-diameter pipe connecting the customer's gas service to the main line in the street.)
- Phase 3 is restoring the areas affected by construction--typically the utility easement, the street, and the customer's yard.
How may construction affect customers?
As part of this main project, the crews will also be replacing several natural gas service lines that connect from the main to the customer's property. Customers will experience a short disruption of gas service as the crews are installing the gas service line.
Crews may have to dig in the ground on your property in the utility easement to complete the task of service and main distribution line replacement. If a customer’s property is disturbed, CenterPoint Energy will restore the hard and soft surfaces affected by construction at no cost to you.
How can I contact CenterPoint Energy?
For questions about the project, please call our Information Hotline at 612-321-5369 or our Communication Specialist at 612-321-5546. For questions about restoration (hard or soft surfaces) please call our Restoration Department at 612-321-5042. CenterPoint Energy wants to thank you for your patience.