Excelsior and Shorewood - Highways 7 and 41, Mill Street and Excelsior Boulevard
Scheduled Start Date: July 5, 2017
What is CenterPoint Energy doing for construction?
Crews from CenterPoint Energy will begin replacing an existing natural gas pipeline in Excelsior and Shorewood the week of July 5, 2017. Project construction is expected to last until September 29, 2017. (Frequent updates will be posted on this Project Status page.) Michels Corporation, an authorized CenterPoint Energy contractor, will begin installing natural gas mains along the following roads (see map below):
- Highway 7 at Highway 41 and Mill Street
- Lake Minnetonka LRT Regional Trail at the following two intersections:
- Mill Street and Highway 7
- Excelsior Boulevard and Lake Minnetonka LRT Regional Trail
What are the traffic control plans?
- There will be no traffic restrictions at the intersection of Highway 7 and Highway 41. The crews will be working on the boulevard of Highways 7 and 41.
- At the intersection of Highway 7 and Mill Street, the crews will close the northernmost westbound shoulder on Highway 7 underneath the bridge of Mill Street.
- There will be no traffic restrictions at the intersections of Lake Minnetonka LRT Regional Trail near Mill Street, Highway 7 and Excelsior Boulevard.
Lane restrictions are anticipated in areas where active construction is occurring. The lane restrictions are necessary to keep both the public and construction personnel safe.
Construction will happen in two phases:
- Phase 1 is installing the natural gas distribution main.
- Phase 2 is restoring the areas affected by construction—typically the utility easement, the street, and the customer’s yard.
How can I contact CenterPoint Energy?
For questions about the project, please call our Information Hotline at 612-321-5369 or our Communication Specialist at 612-321-5546. For questions about restoration (hard or soft surfaces) please call our Restoration Department at 612-321-5042. CenterPoint Energy wants to thank you for your patience.