Crews from CenterPoint Energy are currently progressing in the following streets in Edina’s York Avenue S. and France Avenue S.:
There will be a southbound lane closure on France Avenue S. at the intersection of W. 69th Street and France Avenue S. during the weeks of July 4 and 11.
Crews from CenterPoint Energy are continuing construction on York Avenue S. and France Avenue S.
The intersection on Hazelton Road and York Avenue S. is open. Crews are moving southward on York Avenue S.
Southbound on France Avenue S. will be partially closed for approximately five weeks starting this Monday, June 27. The intersections of W. 69th Street and W. 70th Street along France Avenue S. will have partial lane closures.
At the intersection of W. 69th Avenue and York Avenue S., the eastbound left-turn lane will be closed from June 10 until next Friday, June 17, for restoration.
What will CenterPoint Energy be doing?
Crews from CenterPoint Energy will be installing a gas pipeline on York Avenue S. between W. 69th Street and W. 76th Street. Between June 13 and 25, crews will be working on the intersection of Hazelton Road and York Avenue S.
How can I access the shopping malls on Hazelton Road?
If drivers wish to enter the Yorktown Shopping Mall on Hazelton Road, there will be a detour and closed lanes in the following lanes:
- York Avenue S. will have one lane open going north and south between W. 70th St. and Hazelton Road.
Drivers going to the Yorktown Shopping Mall will be able to access it on York Avenue S. going south and not north.
- Drivers going south on York Avenue will make a right turn onto Hazelton.
Below is the detour if drivers are heading north:
- Drivers cannot make a left turn onto Hazelton Road. There will be a detour directing them left onto W. 70th Street, left onto France Avenue S., then left onto Hazelton Road.
Businesses along Hazelton Road should not expect any crew to be working directly outside their properties.
How far is CenterPoint Energy's progress?
Crews from CenterPoint Energy opened the intersection on York Avenue S. and W. 70th St. on June 9 at 3:00 p.m. The intersection will remain open.
Shoppers and drivers can expect the following detours near the Galleria in Edina:
- York Avenue S. from W. 69th Street to W. 70th Street will have two lanes open going north and south.
- From W. 70th Street to Hazelton Road going north and south will be reduced to a single lane.
- Intersection of York Avenue S. and 69th Street W. will be restored and 69th Street W. will be open to two-lane traffic in each direction by 6/9.
- Hazelton Road will be closed on the 6/13 for 10 to 12 days.
- York Avenue S. and W. 69th Street eastbound turn lane will be closed for repaving and will be open for traffic by 6/9 afternoon.
- York Avenue S. and W. 70th Street eastbound will be repaved and reopened to two-way traffic by 6/9 afternoon.
- York Avenue S. and Hazelton Road are closed in both directions on 6/13.
- France Avenue S. and W. 69th Street – westbound left turn lane closed for 5 weeks during construction.
- Eastbound lane of through traffic will be maintained.
- Westbound traffic on W. 69th Street is closed past France Avenue S.
- Cars are still able to make a left turn onto France in the eastbound lane of W. 69th Street.
- Valley View and W. 69th Street restoration of pavement to begin 6/13.
CenterPoint Energy will send future updates about when certain roads will be open for traffic flow from W. 70th Street to W. 69th Street on York Avenue S.
and commuters in the area will notice crews temporarily restoring and cleaning
the streets today in preparation for this Sunday's Race for Cure!
In the meantime, please anticipate Valley View Road, from West 70th Street to
West 69th Street to continue to be closed through next week. An additional
email will be sent when Valley View Road is scheduled to reopen.
In the near future, southbound York Avenue S. is scheduled to close between
West 69th Street and West 70th Street. Stay tuned for additional details early
For those participating in this weekend’s activities, have fun and enjoy the
Good news for travelers along West 70th Street in Edina!
- At 6:00 p.m. tonight, the West 70th Street and Valley View Road roundabout will be open to traffic.
- Beginning tomorrow morning, Valley View Road, from West 70th Street to West 69th Street will be closed for the next three weeks, weather permitting.
What's the status for construction along West 69th Street?
- One lane of traffic remains open in both directions along West 69th Street as crews continue working toward York Avenue S.
- By the end of next week, crews will be near the intersection of West 69th Street and York Avenue S. Stay tuned for updates for potential traffic restrictions at this intersection.
Crews from Michels Corporation, an authorized CenterPoint Energy contractor, will begin a four and a half month long project along various streets in eastern Edina on Monday, April 11.
On Monday, April 11, residents and commuters can anticipate construction crews to start at two locations.
Location 1: The roundabout at West 70th Street and Valley View Road
- Crews will begin installing 24-inch natural gas pipeline at the southwest corner of the roundabout.
- Eastbound West 70th Street will be closed, just east of Bristol Boulevard through approximately Wednesday, April 13 or Thursday, April 14. Please follow the posted detour.
- Once eastbound West 70th Street reopens, westbound West 70th Street will close as crews begin installing 24-inch natural gas pipeline at the northwest corner of the roundabout. Eastbound West 70th Street is anticipated to remain closed through approximately Friday, April 22. Please follow the posted detour.
Location 2: West 69th Street
- Crews will begin installing 24-inch natural gas pipeline eastwards along median of West 69th Street, between France Avenue S. and York Avenue S.
- West 69th Street traffic will be reduced to one driving lane in each direction with the southernmost westbound lane and northernmost eastbound lane closing. Construction in this area will continue in this area for approximately three to four weeks, weather permitting.
CenterPoint Energy appreciates your patience and understanding as we begin this large project. For contact information or project details, please visit our website. Thank you.