Beginning the week of July 4 or 11, Blake Road will be shut down for the next month from Vernon Avenue S. to Knoll Drive. It will be open to local traffic only.
Crews from CenterPoint Energy have finished installing the small mains and services along Olinger Boulevard in Edina. The majority of the restoration will be completed after the steel main work is done.
Crews are currently progressing in the following areas in Edina's Olinger Boulevard:
Crews finished the blacktop road and curb on Olinger Boulevard from Colonial Way to Jeff Place.
Crews are currently installing a new pipe in Bredesen Park. They’ve shut down the parking lot, bike trails, and entrance into Bredesen Park for at least two or three weeks.
Crews from CenterPoint Energy have been progressing in their work on Olinger Boulevard. The project began around April 11, 2016.
Currently crews are installing a 1,000' gas pipeline along Olinger Boulevard. They started on the south end on the east side of Blake Road early in the week of June 13.
Installing minor pipelines from the main pipeline should be near completion. Crews anticipate to be finished by the end of June 17.
What can you expect about Olinger Boulevard in the next few weeks?
- Crews are installing a 24" gas pipeline along Olinger Boulevard at Jeff Place. The installation has moved from the driven road into the grass area on the east side of Bredesen Park.
- Later in the week of 6/6 the walking and bike trails on the east side of the park will be closed for 2-3 weeks as the construction moves into the park area.
- Blacktop restoration of Olinger Boulevard from Colonial Way to Jeff Place will take place the week of 6/6 and weather permitting should be open to normal traffic by Friday 6/10.
- Blacktop street and path paving is also taking place on Olinger Boulevard near Vernon Avenue, and this area is also expected to be open to normal traffic the week of 6/6.
Overall, traffic will continue to be challenging in the area due to the road reconstruction of Tracy Avenue, according to the city of Edina's reconstruction project.
When the new pipeline construction progresses further into Bredesen Park over the next couple of weeks, the parking lot and street entrance to the park will eventually be closed. This closure is expected to happen mid-June, and will be clarified in upcoming updates.
What can residents and commuters anticipate in the coming weeks for the Edina West construction project?
- Olinger Boulevard, from Vernon Avenue S. to Sherman Circle's easterly entrance, will remain closed through mid-June. Residents can access Sherman Circle from the east off Olinger Boulevard or Olinger Road.
- Olinger Boulevard, from Tracy Avenue to just east of Colonial Way, will be closed to through traffic through the end of next week, weather permitting. Access maintained for local residents only.
- Beginning late next week or early the following week, the intersection of Olinger Boulevard and Colonial Way will be closed for approximately one week. During this time, residents will be asked to access their homes from Tracy Avenue. Access to The Waters of Edina and Colonial Church will be maintained through Colonial Way.
- Beginning the week of May 16, traffic traveling along Vernon Avenue S. will encounter lane shifts through the end of the month as crews install pipeline across the Olinger Boulevard/Vernon Avenue S. intersection.
- As a reminder, the City of Edina will begin reconstruction along Tracy Avenue the week of May 16.
We apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate your patience as we continue to progress on this important project. For more information, please visit our website.
the past few weeks, access to Sherman Circle has been maintained from the west
off Vernon Avenue.
Beginning tomorrow, Wednesday, April
27, Olinger Boulevard will close from Vernon Avenue to just west of Sherman
Circles easterly access.
Residents located along
Sherman Circle will need to enter and exit from the east off Olinger Boulevard
and Olinger Road.
Olinger Boulevard will
continue to be closed to through traffic but access to Sherman Circle will be
Please anticipate this traffic
control to be implemented through mid-June.
We apologize for any
inconvenience and appreciate your patience as we continue to progress on this
important project. Thank you.
Beginning tomorrow, Thursday, April 21, the current Tracy Avenue closure will be extended from Valley View Road to Benton Avenue.
Please continue to follow the posted detour to Highway 62, Gleason Road and Vernon Avenue.
For local traffic only: Residents traveling northbound or southbound on Tracy Avenue will be detoured to Valley View Road, Hanson Road and Benton Avenue.
All cross streets off of Tracy Avenue will be closed.
Please anticipate this closure to continue through the summer. After CenterPoint Energy completes their portion of work, the City of Edina will begin total reconstruction of the road.
Crew from Michels Corporation, an authorized CenterPoint Energy contractor, will begin a four month long project along various streets in western Edina on Monday, April 11.
On Monday, April 11, residents and commuters can anticipate two crews to start at two locations.
Location 1: Tracy Avenue
- Crews will begin installing 24-inch natural gas pipeline northwards along the west side of Tracy Avenue, from Valley View Road to Hillside Road, for three to four weeks.
- After the 24-inch pipeline is installed, a second crew will arrive onsite to install 12-inch pipeline and service line replacements. Please note that after CenterPoint Energy's construction is complete, the City of Edina will begin total reconstruction of the road.
- Tracy Avenue, from Valley View Road to Hillside Road will be closed to through traffic. Access will be maintained to local residents only. Please follow the posted detour.
Location 2: Olinger Boulevard
- Crews will begin installing 24-inch natural gas pipeline westwards along the south side of Olinger Boulevard, from Olinger Road to Sherman Circle, for three weeks.
- Olinger Boulevard, from Olinger Road to Sherman Circle, will be closed to through traffic. Access will be maintained to local residents only. Please follow the posted detour.
CenterPoint Energy appreciates your patience and understanding as we begin this large project. For contact information or project details, please visit our website. Thank you.