Edina - France Avenue S.
Scheduled Start Date: July 19, 2017
What is CenterPoint Energy doing for construction?Crews from CenterPoint Energy will begin replacing an existing natural gas pipeline in Edina on Wednesday, July 19. Project construction is expected to last for one month. (Frequent updates will be posted on CenterPoint Energy’s website.) Michels Corporation, an authorized CenterPoint Energy contractor, will begin installing natural gas mains along France Avenue S. from Highway 62 to W. 55th Street. (See map below.) The crews will install main along the following lanes on France Avenue S.:
- The northbound lane from Highway 62 to W. 62nd Street
- The southbound lane from W. 60th to W. 55th Streets
What are the traffic plans?
- Parking and lane restrictions are anticipated in areas where active construction is occurring. The lane restrictions are necessary to keep both the public and construction personnel safe.
- The crews will close the curb side lane of France Avenue S. wherever active construction is occurring, but two-way traffic will be maintained on France Avenue S.
- For a limited time within the project, the crews will close the eastbound entrance from W. 58th Street to France Avenue S. Detour signs will lead drivers to Wooddale Avenue S. and W. 54th Street. Drivers going westbound on W. 58th Street will have access through the intersection of W. 58th Street and France Avenue S. (See the map below for details.)
Construction will happen in three phases:
- Phase 1 is installing the natural gas distribution main.
- Phase 2 is connecting the gas service lines to the new main along the same construction route. (A gas service line is a small-diameter pipe connecting the customer’s gas service to the main line in the street.)
- Phase 3 is restoring the areas affected by construction—typically the utility easement, the street, and the customer’s yard.
How may construction affect customers?As part of this main project, the crews will also be replacing several natural gas service lines that connect from the main to the customer’s property. Customers will experience a short disruption of gas service as the crews are installing the gas service line.
Crews may have to dig in the ground on your property in the utility easement to complete the task of service and main distribution line replacement. If a customer’s property is disturbed, CenterPoint Energy will restore the hard and soft surfaces affected by construction at no cost to you.
How can I contact CenterPoint Energy?
For questions about the project, please call our Information Hotline at 612-321-5369 or our Communication Specialist at 612-321-5546. For questions about restoration (hard or soft surfaces) please call our Restoration Department at 612-321-5042. CenterPoint Energy wants to thank you for your patience.