Project Status - Coon Rapids - Hanson Boulevard NW (County Road 78)
CenterPoint Energy is nearing completion on its portion of construction happening on Hanson Boulevard NE (County Road 78), in coordination with Anoka County and participating utility companies for the county’s “Hanson Blvd (CSAH 78) Railroad Grade Separation
” project. To find out more about the county’s project, please visit its website.
- CenterPoint Energy’s authorized contractor, Michels Corporation, will finish their work by this Friday, June 29. Restoration of the affected areas will be done by Anoka County.
- CenterPoint Energy wants to thank the residents and businesses for their patience during the construction process.
Construction by Michels Corporation, an authorized CenterPoint Energy contractor, along Hanson Boulevard NW (County Road 78) began on April 23, 2018, and is continuing in coordination with Anoka County and other participating utility companies in coordination with the county’s “Hanson Blvd (CSAH 78) Railroad Grade Separation” project.
- Construction is taking place along the northbound boulevard of Hanson Boulevard NW between Coon Rapids Boulevard NW (County Road 1) and 111st Avenue NW. Two-way traffic is being maintained in the southbound lanes of Hanson Boulevard. The entrance into 106th Avenue NW from Hanson Boulevard NW has been closed as of May 25, 2018. It will remain closed for the next four to six weeks, according to project updates from Anoka County.
What is CenterPoint Energy doing for construction?
In conjunction with a construction project from Anoka County and other participating utility companies, CenterPoint Energy will be relocating its existing natural gas pipeline in Coon Rapids along Hanson Boulevard (County Road 78) between Coon Rapids Boulevard NW (County Road 1) and just north of 108th Lane NW. CenterPoint Energy’s construction will begin on April 23, 2018, and last into Summer 2018. CenterPoint Energy’s contractor Michels Corporation will be on site for the duration of CenterPoint Energy’s project.
For more information on the county’s project, please visit their website for “Hanson Blvd (CSAH 78) Railroad Grade Separation
.” As mentioned above, further construction will be done by other utility companies, who will also be relocating their utilities in conjunction with the county’s project.
Lane restrictions are anticipated in areas where active construction is occurring. The lane restrictions are necessary to keep both the public and construction personnel safe.
Construction will happen in two phases:
- Phase 1 is relocating the natural gas distribution main.
- Phase 2 is restoring the areas affected by construction--typically the utility easement, the street, and the customer's yard.
How can I contact CenterPoint Energy?For questions about the project, please call our Information Hotline at 612-321-5369 or our Communication Specialist at 612-321-5546. For questions about restoration (hard or soft surfaces) please call our Restoration Department at 612-321-5042. CenterPoint Energy wants to thank you for your patience.