Columbia Heights and Minneapolis - Main Street NE and 37th Avenue NE
Scheduled Start Date: Late July or Early August 2018
Where, when, and why is CenterPoint Energy performing construction?Beginning in late July or early August 2018, and ending in late August or early September 2018, CenterPoint Energy’s authorized contractor, Michels Corporation, will be replacing natural gas mains and connecting natural gas service lines to the installed mains in Columbia Heights and Minneapolis along the following streets:
- Main Street NE between 37th Avenue NE and 40th Avenue NE
- 37th Avenue NE between Main Street NE and 5th Street NE
- 38th Avenue NE at Main Street NE
- 39th Avenue NE at Main Street NE
CenterPoint Energy’s work will start prior to the City of Columbia Height’s “2018 Street Rehabilitation
” project. For more information on the city’s project, please visit its website.
What are the estimated traffic impacts?
- Local businesses will have access to their properties at all times.
- Construction will occur in segments along the construction route, rather than all at once. Lane restrictions are anticipated in areas where active construction is occurring and are necessary to keep both the public and construction personnel safe.
How may the natural gas service line installations affect customers?
- As part of this main project, the crews will be replacing several natural gas service lines that connect from the main to the customer’s property. Customers will experience a short disruption of gas service as the crews are installing the gas service line.
- Crews may have to dig in the ground on your property in the utility easement to complete the task of service and main distribution line replacement. If a customer’s property is disturbed, CNP will restore the hard and soft surfaces affected by construction at no cost to you.
What is CenterPoint Energy’s mission, and how can I contact CenterPoint Energy?
At CenterPoint Energy, we are committed to providing timely and relevant information to our customers and the general public to minimize inconvenience or disruption due to our construction activities. CNP has provided safe, clean and efficient natural gas service to Minnesota communities for more than 145 years. We are proud of this record and strive to improve it by educating the public about the benefits of natural gas at CenterPointEnergy.com/BeSafe.
Frequent updates will be posted on the Project Status page below. In addition, you can contact one of the following CenterPoint Energy resources. Please reference the project name or number 86748098:
- email: email@example.com
- phone: 612-321-5369
- Communication Specialist, Hannah Gullickson:
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- phone: 612-321-5042
We appreciate your business and look forward to continuing to serve you.