Chaska - Highway 41 and Pioneer Trail
Scheduled Start Date: June 6, 2017
What is CenterPoint Energy doing for construction?Crews from CenterPoint Energy will begin replacing an existing natural gas regulator station and natural gas main in Chaska on June 6, 2017. Project construction is expected to last for one month. (Frequent updates will be posted on the "Project Status" link below.) Michels Corporation, an authorized CenterPoint Energy contractor, will begin installing the regulator station and gas main at the intersection of Highway 41 (N. Chestnut Street) and Pioneer Trail (County Road 14), in addition to the southbound curb side of Highway 41 south of Pioneer Trail near Lake Grace. (See map below.)
What are the traffic control plans?
- For the construction happening along the southbound shoulder of Highway 41, the crews will not close any lanes or roads.
- At the intersection of Highway 41 and Pioneer Trail, the crews will close the right-turn lane from Highway 41 going west to Pioneer Trail.
- Lane restrictions are anticipated in areas where active construction is occurring. The lane restrictions are necessary to keep both the public and construction personnel safe.
Construction will happen in two phases:
- Phase 1 is installing the natural gas distribution main.
- Phase 2 is restoring the areas affected by construction—typically the utility easement, the street, and the customer’s yard.
How can I contact CenterPoint Energy?
For questions about the project, please call our Information Hotline at 612-321-5369 or our Communication Specialist at 612-321-5546. For questions about restoration (hard or soft surfaces) please call our Restoration Department at 612-321-5042. CenterPoint Energy wants to thank you for your patience.