Project Status - Brooklyn Center - Humboldt Avenue N.
Where, when, and why is CenterPoint Energy performing construction?
- For approximately two months within Fall 2019, CenterPoint Energy’s authorized contractor, Michels Corporation, will be replacing the natural gas main in Brooklyn Center along Humboldt Avenue N. between 63rd Lane and 65th Avenue N.
- This project is following CenterPoint Energy’s “67th Avenue N. Neighborhood” project, which was done from April to June 2018, and the City of Brooklyn Center’s “Firehouse Park Area Improvements” project, which is being finished in October 2018. For more information on these projects, please visit their respective websites.
What are the estimated traffic impacts?
- There will be no full closures on this project. The crews will be working along the boulevard of Humboldt Avenue N. and underneath I-694 and I-94.
- Construction will occur in segments along the construction route, rather than all at once. Lane restrictions are anticipated in areas where active construction is occurring and are necessary to keep both the public and construction personnel safe.
- Crews from Q3 Contracting, an authorized CenterPoint Energy contractor, will restore the areas affected by CenterPoint Energy’s construction—typically the utility easement, the street, and the customer’s yard.
What is CenterPoint Energy’s mission, and how can I contact CenterPoint Energy?At CenterPoint Energy, we are committed to providing timely and relevant information to our customers and the general public to minimize inconvenience or disruption due to our construction activities. CNP has provided safe, clean and efficient natural gas service to Minnesota communities for more than 145 years. We are proud of this record and strive to improve it by educating the public about the benefits of natural gas at CenterPointEnergy.com/BeSafe.
Updates will be posted on this Project Status page. In addition, you can contact one of the following CenterPoint Energy resources. Please reference the project name or number 82606945:
Communication Specialist, Hannah Gullickson:
We appreciate your business and look forward to continuing to serve you.