Project Status - Brooklyn Center - Highway 694 Crossing
In approximately one week, crews from Michels Corporation, CenterPoint Energy’s authorized contractor, will finish replacing the project’s natural gas main. Approximately within the week of November 4, crews from Q3 Contracting, CenterPoint Energy’s authorized contractor, anticipate restoring the areas affected by Michels Corporation’s work.
We appreciate your patience as we replace our infrastructure.
This week, crews from CenterPoint Energy’s authorized contractor, Michels Corporation, began replacing natural gas main for the project. They anticipate finishing their work by October 31.
North of Highway 694
- The crews replaced natural gas main on the west side of Humboldt Avenue N. between 65th and 64th Avenues N.
- Within the week of October 14 or 21, the crews will be boring the main underneath Highway 694. For approximately one day within these weeks, the crews will be blocking a few of the residents’ driveways in the cul-de-sac of Humboldt Avenue N. south of 64th Avenue N. During this time, the inspector will coordinate with the residents for access.
South of Highway 694
- The crews are replacing natural gas main west of the cul-de-sac of 63rd Avenue N. They do not anticipate blocking the road in this area.
CenterPoint Energ hosted an open house
- On Tuesday, August 20, from 5:00 p.m. to 6:30 p.m., CenterPoint Energy hosted an open house meeting for the public to answer any questions on CenterPoint Energy’s Highway 694 Crossing project.
- Representatives from CenterPoint Energy and the City of Brooklyn Center were present to answer questions.
Where, when, and why is CenterPoint Energy performing construction?
From early October to late November 2019, CenterPoint Energy’s authorized contractor, Michels Corporation, will be replacing natural gas main underneath Highway 694 in Brooklyn Center. The construction route will go from the cul-de-sac of Humboldt Avenue N. to the cul-de-sac of 63rd Avenue N. Please reference our Map of Construction.
For the majority of our work, traffic will not be impacted. For approximately one or two business days, the crews will close Humboldt Avenue N. south of 64th Avenue N. to through traffic. Residents will have access to and from their homes. Our construction site staff will work with individual residents/customers to accommodate personal schedules where we can. The crews will be utilizing this space/area for equipment needed near the cul-de-sac of Humboldt Avenue N. We appreciate your patience as we progress in construction.
Construction will happen in two phases: Phase 1 consists of installing the natural gas distribution main. Phase 2 is the restoration of disturbed areas affected by our work. CenterPoint Energy’s authorized contractor, Q3 Contracting, will restore the areas affected by Michels Corporation’s construction. This may consist of lawn restoration and sidewalk or street restoration as work dictates.
Lane restrictions will be anticipated in areas where active construction is occurring and are necessary to keep both the public and construction personnel safe.
What is CenterPoint Energy’s mission, and how can I contact CenterPoint Energy?At CenterPoint Energy, we are committed to providing timely and relevant information to our customers and the general public to minimize inconvenience or disruption due to our construction activities. CNP has provided safe, clean and efficient natural gas service to Minnesota communities for more than 145 years. We are proud of this record and strive to improve it by educating the public about the benefits of natural gas at CenterPointEnergy.com/BeSafe.
Updates will be posted on this Project Status page. For any questions, you can contact one of the following resources:
- Hannah Gullickson – 612-321-5546
Please reference the project name or number 82606945 when calling. We appreciate your business and look forward to continuing to serve you. Thank you very much.