Brooklyn Center - 67th Avenue N. Neighborhood
Scheduled Start Date: April 16, 2018
Where, when, and why is CenterPoint Energy performing construction?Beginning on Monday, April 16, and ending within June or July 2018, CenterPoint Energy’s authorized contractor, Michels Corporation, will be replacing natural gas mains and connecting natural gas service lines to the installed mains in Brooklyn Center along the following streets:
- 67th Avenue N. between Humboldt Avenue N. and 5th Street N.
- 64th Avenue N. Humboldt Avenue N. and Bryant Avenue N.
- Humboldt Avenue N. between 65th Avenue N. to Interstate 94
- Girard Avenue N. between 65th Avenue N. to Interstate 94
- Fremont Avenue N. between 65th Avenue N. to Interstate 94
- Emerson Avenue N. between 69th Avenue N. and 67th Avenue N., and between 65th Avenue N. to Interstate 94
- Colfax Avenue N. between 68th Avenue N. and 66th Avenue N., and between 65th Avenue N. to Interstate 94
- Bryant Avenue N. between 69th Avenue N. Interstate 94
- Camden Avenue N. between 68th Avenue N. and 67th Avenue N.
- 5th Street N. between 68th Avenue N. and 67th Avenue N.
What are the estimated traffic impacts?
- Currently crews from the City of Brooklyn Center are performing road work for the city’s “Firehouse Park Area Improvements” project. When the city is done with this work, crews from CenterPoint Energy’s authorized contractor, Q3 Contracting, will restore the soft surfaces affected by CenterPoint Energy’s construction.
- Residents and businesses will have access to and from their properties and locations at all times. The crews will be on site to notify residents of when the crews will be on the residents’ streets.
- The project will occur in segments along the construction route, rather than all at once. Lane restrictions are anticipated in areas where active construction is occurring and are necessary to keep both the public and construction personnel safe.
How may construction affect customers?As part of this main project, the crews will also be replacing several natural gas service lines that connect from the main to the customer's property. Customers will experience a short disruption of gas service as the crews are installing the gas service line.
Crews may have to dig in the ground on your property in the utility easement to complete the task of service and main distribution line replacement. If a customer’s property is disturbed, CenterPoint Energy will restore the hard and soft surfaces affected by construction at no cost to you.
How can I contact CenterPoint Energy?
For questions about the project, please call our Information Hotline at 612-321-5369 or our Communication Specialist at 612-321-5546. For questions about restoration (hard or soft surfaces) please call our Restoration Department at 612-321-5042. CenterPoint Energy wants to thank you for your patience.