Bloomington and Richfield - Nicollet Avenue from 67th Street to Old Shakopee Road
Scheduled Start Date: May 1, 2018
Where, when, and why is CenterPoint Energy doing construction?
- CenterPoint Energy’s contractor, Minnesota Limited, will begin replacing the natural gas Belt Line system in Richfield and Bloomington along Nicollet Avenue S. from 67th Street to Old Shakopee Road. (See the Map of Construction below.)
- CenterPoint Energy’s construction is expected to begin on May 1 and will last into October 2018. Frequent updates will be posted on the Project Status page below.
- Work will occur along the northbound lanes of Nicollet Avenue, starting at the I-494 corridor and progressing in segments from I-494 going north and south along the construction route.
- Construction will occur in segments along the construction route, rather than all at once. Lane restrictions and road closures are anticipated in areas where active construction is occurring and are necessary to keep both the public and construction personnel safe.
- The crews will restore the disturbed areas affected by our work outside the county construction zone. This may consist of lawn restoration and sidewalk or street restoration as work dictates.
Further construction will be done by...
The City of Richfield and Hennepin County will be performing construction along 66th Street between Humboldt Avenue S. and Portland Avenue S. from approximately late March to November 2018. For more information on the two projects, please visit the city’s and county’s respective websites:
How can I contact CenterPoint Energy?
For questions about the project, please call our Information Hotline at 612-321-5369 or our Communication Specialist at 612-321-5546. For questions about restoration (hard or soft surfaces) please call our Restoration Department at 612-321-5042. CenterPoint Energy wants to thank you for your patience.