Bloomington - E. 102nd Street, Portland Avenue S. and E. Old Shakopee Road
Scheduled Start Date: June 29, 2018
What is CenterPoint Energy doing for construction?
From Friday, June 29, to Fall 2018, CenterPoint Energy will be replacing an existing natural gas pipeline in Bloomington. Crews from Michels Corporation, an authorized CenterPoint Energy contractor, will be installing natural gas mains along the following roads (see map below):
- On E. 102nd Street from Nicollet Avenue to Portland Avenue S.
- On Portland Avenue S. from E. 102nd Street to E. Old Shakopee Road
- On E. Old Shakopee Road from Portland Avenue S. to Oakland Avenue S.
Frequent updates will be posted on the Project Status page below. Lane restrictions are anticipated in areas where active construction is occurring. The lane restrictions are necessary to keep both the public and construction personnel safe.
Construction will happen in two phases:
- Phase 1 is installing the natural gas distribution main.
- Phase 2 is restoring the areas affected by construction--typically the utility easement, the street, and the customer's yard.
How can I contact CenterPoint Energy?
For questions about the project, please call our Information Hotline at 612-321-5369 or our Communication Specialist at 612-321-5546. For questions about restoration (hard or soft surfaces) please call our Restoration Department at 612-321-5042. CenterPoint Energy wants to thank you for your patience.