Project Status - Bloomington - E. 102nd Street, Portland Avenue S. and E. Old Shakopee Road - Project Status
CenterPoint Energy has begun its “Bloomington – E. 102nd Street, Portland Avenue S. and E. Old Shakopee Road” belt line project today on Friday, June 29. Below are the construction details:
- The crews from Michels Corporation, an authorized CenterPoint Energy contractor, are placing traffic signs to alert drivers that work will take place along the eastern (northbound) driving and parking lane of Portland Avenue between 101st Street and 102nd Street. Two-way traffic will be maintained in the southbound lanes during active construction.
- On Monday, July 2, the crews will begin excavating the site to prepare for the pipe installation.
- From today until approximately mid-July 2018, the crews will be installing natural gas main in this area and restoring the areas affected by their construction.
CenterPoint Energy's Open House at Bloomington Public Works Training Room
Personnel from CenterPoint Energy and the City of Bloomington will be holding an open house meeting to answer questions from the public regarding CenterPoint Energy’s project. The meeting will be held at the City of Bloomington's Public Works Training Room at 1800 W. Old Shakopee Road on Tuesday, April 24, from 5:30 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. This meeting will also discuss CenterPoint Energy’s Bloomington and Richfield Belt Line project, which will occur from April to October 2018 along Nicollet Avenue from 67th Street to Shakopee Road
What is CenterPoint Energy doing for construction?
From Friday, June 29, to Fall 2018, CenterPoint Energy will be replacing an existing natural gas pipeline in Bloomington. Crews from Michels Corporation, an authorized CenterPoint Energy contractor, will be installing natural gas mains along the following roads:
- On E. 102nd Street from Nicollet Avenue to Portland Avenue S.
- On Portland Avenue S. from E. 102nd Street to E. Old Shakopee Road
- On E. Old Shakopee Road from Portland Avenue S. to Oakland Avenue S.
Frequent updates will be posted on this Project Status page. Lane restrictions are anticipated in areas where active construction is occurring. The lane restrictions are necessary to keep both the public and construction personnel safe.
Construction will happen in two phases:
- Phase 1 is installing the natural gas distribution main.
- Phase 2 is restoring the areas affected by construction--typically the utility easement, the street, and the customer's yard.
How can I contact CenterPoint Energy?For questions about the project, please call our Information Hotline at 612-321-5369 or our Communication Specialist at 612-321-5546. For questions about restoration (hard or soft surfaces) please call our Restoration Department at 612-321-5042. CenterPoint Energy wants to thank you for your patience.