Automatic Bank Draft makes bill paying a cinch. Your monthly natural gas payment is automatically deducted from your bank account. You can relax, knowing that your bill will be paid when you’re on vacation or simply busy with other things. Best of all, it eliminates your worries about missing a payment due date.
Here’s how this free and secure service works:
- Your payment is automatically withdrawn from your checking or savings account each month.
- You still receive an itemized CenterPoint Energy bill for your records.
- Your payments will be recorded on your bank statements.
- You can stop any withdrawal by notifying us three days before the scheduled withdrawal date.
- You may discontinue your participation in the Automatic Bank Draft program at any time by contacting us.
Two ways to enroll — It's easy!
|By bill. Just sign and date the form on the back of your bill and return with payment. It's that easy!|
|Online. Log into My Account Online and enroll in Automatic Bank Draft.|
|If you have not yet registered for My Account Online, you will need your CenterPoint Energy account number, which can be found on your bill.|
|Once you have enrolled in My Account Online, add the Automatic Bank Draft option from your personalized screen. Past-due balances will draft three days after your application is processed. All of your future bills will be marked, “DO NOT PAY— ACCOUNT WILL BE DRAFTED.”|
Pair Automatic Bank Draft with Online Billing and payment for even more convenience. Sign up for our free, paperless Online Billing and payment service and you will receive an e-mail each month when your bill is ready to view and pay online. With a quick glance, you’ll be able see your amount due and due date, before it’s withdrawn from your account.