Furnaces and boilers that are properly maintained will run more efficiently, last longer and are safer for your family. Make sure that your heating system is operating at maximum efficiency and reduce costly breakdowns with a low cost furnace or boiler tune-up.
CenterPoint Energy natural gas customers can receive a $25 rebate when you perform a tune-up that includes seven required maintenance items shown below.
- Perform carbon monoxide test and adjust gas and/or air if CO is too high.
- Check flame characteristics, and adjust gas and/or air, if needed.
- Check flue gas path from burner to vent for cleanliness and cracks. Clean and report as necessary.
- Check the pilot/igniter for proper operation. Also check the flame sensor/pilot light shut down controls for proper operation.
- Check the condition of the furnace air filter. Recommend the correct replacement part, if necessary.
- Check condition of fan motor(s). Lubricate bearings as needed.
- Check the operational controls and adjust, if necessary.
This rebate offer is only available for Oklahoma residential heating customers who receive natural gas service from CenterPoint Energy. Rebate is limited to one per natural gas furnace with a qualifying tune-up. The heating system needs to be used as a primary heating source. Each natural gas heating system is eligible to receive a tune-up rebate every other year. New construction homes are not eligible for this rebate offer.
How the program works
1. Schedule a heating system tune-up with the heating service technician of your choice between January 1-December 31, 2015.
2. Heating professional performs tune-up on natural gas furnace or boiler which includes seven required service items (listed above).
3. Dealer or service technician completes the tune-up service and dealer sections of the rebate application for the customer. If your heating dealer does not have the rebate paperwork, they should contact us for assistance.
4. Customers will receive a check, not a utility bill credit. Customers will receive a check within 8 weeks from the time that we receive the completed paperwork.
For more information about this program, send us an email or call us 580-250-5426. Rebates are paid on a first come, first served basis.