Furnaces and boilers that are properly maintained will run more efficiently, last longer and are safer for your family. Make sure that your heating system is operating at maximum efficiency and reduce costly breakdowns with a low cost furnace or boiler tune-up.
Receive a $25 Visa® Prepaid Card when your heating service technician performs a tune-up that includes seven required maintenance items shown below.
- Perform carbon monoxide test and adjust gas and/or air if CO is too high.
- Check flame characteristics, and adjust gas and/or air, if needed.
- Check flue gas path from burner to vent for cleanliness and cracks. Clean and report as necessary.
- Check the pilot/igniter for proper operation. Also check the flame sensor/pilot light shut down controls for proper operation.
- Check the condition of the furnace air filter. Recommend the correct replacement part, if necessary.
- Check condition of fan motor(s) and pump motor (for boilers). Lubricate bearings as needed.
- Check the operational controls and adjust, if necessary.
This rebate offer is only available for Minnesota residential customers who receive natural gas service from CenterPoint Energy.
Rebate is limited to one per natural gas furnace or boiler with a qualifying tune-up. The heating system needs to be used as a primary heating source. Each natural gas heating system is eligible to receive a tune-up rebate every other year. New construction homes are not eligible for this rebate offer.
How the program works
1. Schedule a heating system tune-up with the heating dealer service professional of your choice between January 1-December 31, 2015.
2. Heating professional performs tune-up on natural gas furnace or boiler and includes seven required service items (listed above).
3. Dealer or service technician completes the rebate paperwork. If your heating dealer doesn't have the rebate paperwork they should contact us for assistance.
4. Customer will receive a Visa® Prepaid Card, not a check or utility bill credit. Cards are issued by Citibank, N.A. pursuant to a license from Visa U.S.A. Inc. and managed by Citi Prepaid services. Cards will not have cash access and can be used everywhere Visa debit cards are accepted. Customer will receive a debit card within eight weeks from the time that we receive the completed paperwork.
For more information about this program, send us an email. Rebates are paid on a first come, first served basis.