CenterPoint Energy is offering a $75 rebate for the installation of a natural gas fireplace that has electronic ignition.
- Conserves natural gas by not having a standby pilot light/flame.
Direct-vent fireplaces: More reason to chooseIn addition to being a cozy, effective and economical heat source for your home, direct-vent fireplaces offer many other practical benefits. Shown below are some additional reasons why direct-vent fireplaces are a great choice.
- Conserves natural gas because it uses outside air for combustion instead of conditioned inside air
- A safer heat source because products of combustion, such as carbon monoxide, are directly exhausted outside of the home.
- The entire operation is independent of the household air, there are no drafts.
|Natural Gas Fireplace Options||Mail-In Rebate|
How the program works
Tankless water heaters can be an efficient technology for home water heating, but due to their design, tankless water heaters have high natural gas usage requirements (BTU/hour input) compared to tank-style water heaters. The additional load on our system from tankless water heaters results in undesirable capacity demands during peak daily use periods. We do not offer a rebate on this technology.
- Work with the dealer or retailer of your choice to determine the best fireplace option for your home that qualifies for a rebate. Purchase and install the natural gas fireplace product in your home between January 1- December 31, 2014.
- Work with your fireplace dealer or retailer to complete an application. Simply type your information in the interactvie fields and print.Please review all program guidelines and requirements on back of rebate application.
- Have your dealer sign the rebate application form.
- Attach a copy of your dated sales invoice that shows the brand, model and ignition type that was purchased.
- Mail us the completed application, including required signatures along with dated sales invoice. Submit all requested paperwork by December 31 in the calendar year of installaton.
(For the Purchaser, this required signature is the person that is receiving the rebate check. For the Dealer or installer, this required signature is from a representative from the company that installed the equipment or the homeowner if self-installed.)
Fireplace Rebate Program
PO Box 59038
Minneapolis, MN 55459-0038
We'll mail your rebate check within eight weeks of receiving your completed rebate application.
For more information about this program, send us an email or call us at 612-399-1575 or 855-497-7518.
Please note: This rebate offer is only available for Minnesota customers who receive natural gas service from CenterPoint Energy. Rebates are paid on a first-come, first-served basis.