If you have questions about CenterPoint Energy billing and payments, you’ve come to the right place. Below you’ll find basic information about billing, fees and payment options.
CenterPoint Energy natural gas bills are issued monthly. You can choose to receive your bill by postal mail or online through our Online Billing program.
If you would like to spread out your natural gas payments throughout the year and avoid winter's payment peaks, enroll in Average Monthly Billing, a free account service offered by CenterPoint Energy.
Each month your full payment is due by your due date. If full payment is not received and your balance is more than $10, a late fee will be assessed and appear on your next bill.
For your convenience, CenterPoint Energy offers a variety of payment options:
- Automatic payment. For automatic payment deduction from your checking or savings account, enroll in CenterPoint Energy’s Automatic Bank Draft program.
- In person. Visit a payment location to pay with cash or credit card. Click for a list of locations near you.
- Online with Online Billing. Pay using your checking or savings account through Online Billing, a free payment service from CenterPoint Energy.
- By phone or online with BillMatrix. For a convenience fee of $2.95 for each transaction, you can pay online or by calling 1-800-387-1643 through BillMatrix. BillMatrix is a third-party, secure, automated bill payment system. CenterPoint Energy does not receive any portion of the convenience fees.
- By U.S. mail. Mail payment to the following address, allowing five days for the payment to reach CenterPoint Energy:
PO Box 4981
Houston, TX 77210-4981
Past due accounts
If you are having difficulty making your natural gas payments, contact CenterPoint Energy as soon as possible so we can help before the problem becomes bigger. Our Customer Service team can establish a payment plan for you and tell you about payment assistance for which you may be eligible. If you do receive a disconnection notice, follow the instructions in the notice and act immediately to avoid disconnection and additional fees.
If your service is disconnected due to nonpayment, you will be required to pay the following before your natural gas service can be reconnected:
- Past due balance. Contact Customer Service to find out the payment required to satisfy your past due balance.
- Reconnection fees will be required. You can find out the amount required for reconnection by calling Customer Service at 1-800-376-9663 (Beaumont), 1-800-259-5544 (East Texas), 1-800-427-7142 (South Texas). There are a variety of payment options available - see the Frequently Asked Questions sections for details. Once your payment plan and proof of payment is confirmed a Customer Service Representative will schedule the property for reconnection.
Payment assistance is available for qualifying customers. Visit our payment assistance section to learn more.