|Price Protection allows customers to manage budgets by locking future commodity costs. It provides the supply security of standard utility delivery service, combined with the flexibility to execute natural gas commodity-based price management strategies.
Call today! 800-495-9880
What is Price Protection?
- Service that offers pass-through monthly pricing at standard utility levels and provides a base for implementing price management strategies
- Provides the security of standard utility delivery service, combined with the flexibility to execute natural gas commodity-based price management strategies
- Multiple year terms available
Why should I consider it?
- Manage natural gas commodity prices to put more predictability into your natural gas budget
- Commodity price locking option allows customer control of the largest and most volatile component of natural gas prices
- Ideal service for customers whose lower natural gas use or unpredictable daily use makes transporting gas uneconomical
- Standard utility delivery service means there are no charges or risks associated with transporting gas, such as balancing, nominations, or cash out
- Allows multiple customer facilities to be grouped into a single price management or hedging strategy
- Allows multiple customer facilities to be invoiced together on a single monthly invoice
How much will it cost?
- When combined with a Commodity Price Lock, the non-commodity price components are billed at the applicable utility prices
- Affordable minimum monthly service fee by account
What else do I get?
- Personal attention from your CenterPoint Energy Services account manager
- Ready access to detailed natural gas market information
- Simple, easily understood invoicing
- Predictable energy costs
- Security of doing business with a solid, experienced, national energy company