|Our Commodity Price Lock
service allows customers to
lock the natural gas commodity
price for a fixed monthly
volume and term. This service
can be combined with our
Basis Lock program for even
greater price certainty.
Call today! 800-495-9880
What is Commodity Price Lock?
- Locks the commodity portion of a customer’s price, which accounts for a majority of the total delivered price of natural gas
- Individual prices by month or weighted average strip pricing for multi-month terms
- Non-locked volumes billed according to Base Agreement
- Terms up to three years
Why should I consider it?
- Provides control over the largest and most volatile component of natural gas cost
- An essential tool in price management strategy
- Reduces exposure to unanticipated natural gas market price spikes
- Helps manage energy expense budgets and brings predictability to energy costs
- Multiple facilities in multiple geographic locations can be locked with one CES transaction
- Can be combined with Basis Price Lock, resulting in even greater price certainty
How much will it cost?
- All transaction fees are included in locked price
- Commodity Price Lock plus standard delivery charges determine total City Gate price
What else do I get?
- Can be added to existing CenterPoint Energy Services contracts
- Personal attention from your CenterPoint Energy Services account manager
- Ready access to detailed natural gas market information
- Simple, easily understood invoicing and multiple facilities can be billed on a single invoice
- Security of doing business with a solid, experienced, national energy company