Improving steam trap performance can make a big difference in helping your facility save money and energy on future energy costs. Steam trap maintenance is essential for a variety of commercial and industrial buildings including, schools, healthcare facilities and multi-family housing properties.
|Steam trap repair/replacement*||35% of repaired/replaced equipment cost; |
$10,000 per building cap
*Only float and thermostatic (F&T), bucket, and thermostatic type steam traps qualify for rebate. Orifice only traps DO NOT qualify for rebate.
- Program is valid Jan. 1, 2014 through Dec. 31, 2014.
- Rebate must be applied for during the calendar year in which the equipment is installed.
- Equipment must be installed at a location heated with natural gas from CenterPoint Energy in Minnesota.
- Conduct a steam trap survey using ultrasonic testing, infrared testing or manual visual inspection and provide a steam trap survey that lists all traps in the building or all traps in the area of the building that is being surveyed. When completing the survey, a pass/fail grade must be assigned to each trap.
Repair or replace steam traps at a location heated with natural gas from CenterPoint Energy in Minnesota for a commercial account.*
All applications must be received by Dec. 31 of the calendar year in which the equipment is installed. Include copies of the dated invoice and proof of installation. To avoid delays, please submit your paperwork as soon as equipment installation is complete. Mail completed paperwork to:
Commercial Rebate Processing, HQ-14
PO Box 59038
Minneapolis, MN 55459-0038
- Allow six to eight weeks for rebate processing.
*Rebate amounts vary by equipment. Rebate funds are limited and subject to change without prior notice. Requests will be granted on a first-come, first-served basis. Caps are for one calendar year. Some utility rebates are taxable under Internal Revenue Service rules. Customers are responsible for all applicable taxes.
CenterPoint Energy reserves the right to limit any rebate and conduct on-site inspection of installed equipment. All decisions by CenterPoint Energy regarding energy savings, cost savings, rebate amounts and approvals are final. CenterPoint Energy cannot guarantee energy savings and does not warrant rebated equipment.