Receive money back for customized, high-efficiency applications.
Our Custom Rebate Program is designed for the unique equipment needs of our commercial and industrial manufacturing customers. This made-to-order rebate makes it easier for your facility to increase efficiency, which can have a big impact on your bottom line.
Our Custom Rebate can help:
Bring us your ideas for energy-saving process equipment, showing the associated energy savings and equipment costs, and we’ll determine if your project qualifies for a rebate.
Our manufacturing customers use an array of gas-fired equipment. Below are examples of equipment that have qualified for our Custom Rebate. Other natural gas equipment may qualify if it will save energy for your operation.
| || |
Businesses that benefit
Any CenterPoint Energy customer may qualify for a Custom Rebate. Some businesses that have benefited are:
| || |
Criteria to determine rebate level
- A maximum of $0.70/therm saved
- A buy-down to as low as a one-year payback
- Up to 50 percent incremental equipment cost
- Up to 25 percent of equipment cost
- Program is valid Jan. 1, 2013 through Dec. 31, 2013.
- Rebate must be applied for during the calendar year in which the equipment is installed and operational.
- Equipment must be installed at a location heated with natural gas from CenterPoint Energy in Minnesota.
CenterPoint Energy has a variety of design/engineering programs available including Engineering Assistance, Recommissioning and Process Efficiency Programs. If you are considering making energy-efficiency design improvements to your acility, contact your key account manager or our Business Customer Hotline at 612-321-4939 (877-809-3803) for details.
How to receive your rebate
Call CenterPoint Energy to discuss your project plans and energy needs. Call your account manager or 612-321-4330 (toll free 1-800-234-5800, ext. 4330).*
- Work with your CenterPoint Energy account manager to complete and submit all required paperwork. Your account manager will inform you of the rebate amount for which your project qualifies.
- Mail completed paperwork to:
Commercial Rebate Processing, HQ-14
PO Box 59038
Minneapolis, MN 55459-0038
All applications must be received by Dec. 31 of the calendar year in which the equipment is installed. Include copies of the dated invoice and proof of installation. To avoid delays, please submit your paperwork as soon as equipment installation is complete.
- Allow six to eight weeks for rebate processing.
*Rebate amounts vary by equipment. Rebate funds are limited and subject to change without prior notice. Requests will be granted on a first-come, first-served basis. Caps are for one calendar year. Some utility rebates are taxable under Internal Revenue Service rules. Customers are responsible for all applicable taxes.
CenterPoint Energy reserves the right to limit any rebate and conduct on-site inspection of installed equipment. All decisions by CenterPoint Energy regarding energy savings, cost savings, rebate amounts and approvals are final. CenterPoint Energy cannot guarantee energy savings and does not warrant rebated equipment.