With our NEW furnace and boiler tune-up rebate, you will maximize the homeowner’s system efficiency, identify potential problems before the system fails and educate on the benefits of upgrading to a high-efficiency heating system.
CenterPoint Energy natural gas customers can receive a $25 rebate when you perform a tune-up that includes seven required maintenance items shown below.
- Perform carbon monoxide test and adjust gas and/or air if CO is too high.
- Check flame characteristics, and adjust gas and/or air, if needed.
- Check flue gas path from burner to vent for cleanliness and cracks. Clean and report as necessary.
- Check the pilot/igniter for proper operation. Also check the flame sensor/pilot light shut down controls for proper operation.
- Check the condition of the furnace air filter. Recommend the correct replacement part, if necessary.
- Check condition of fan motor(s) and pump motor (for boilers). Lubricate bearings as needed.
- Check the operational controls and adjust, if necessary.
This rebate offer is only available for Minnesota residential heating customers who receive natural gas service from CenterPoint Energy. Rebate is limited to one per natural gas furnace or boiler with a qualifying tune-up. Each natural gas heating system is eligible to receive a tune-up rebate every other year. New construction homes are not eligible for this rebate offer.
How the program works
1. Schedule a heating system tune-up with CenterPoint Energy residential gas customers between January 1-December 31, 2013.
2. Perform a tune-up on natural gas furnace or boiler which includes seven required service items (listed above).
3. Dealer or service technician completes the rebate application for the customer. Please review all requirements and guidelines on the rebate application.
4. Mail the signed rebate application along with your company furnace tune-up checklist (which lists the seven required service items) and the customer invoice for the tune-up service. Submit all requested paperwork by December 31 in the calendar year of service.
5. Send to:
Residential Furnace and Boiler Tune-up
PO Box 59038
Minneapolis, MN 55459-0038
6. We will mail a rebate check to your customers within eight weeks from the time that we receive the completed rebate paperwork.
For more information about this program, send us an email or call us 612-321-4484 or toll-free 800-234-5800 ext. 4484. Rebates are paid on a first come, first served basis.